Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ah the last V-Twin sport bike. Probably why the price is low for a Ducati and why the styling is warmed over 916 like. Might be a collector's item someday. The P51 of V-Twin sport bikes. 800 cc V-4s will replace this relic like jets replaced piston aircraft.

kpaul

The Great Motorcycle Prophet

"He predicts and then it comes true"

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, there are still plenty of prop jobs flying worldwide, even if jets are the mainstream, so twin won't die, they'll just be relegated to the commuter lanes and twin aficionados (of which I'm one). Ah progress... it ain't always so grand.

That said, triples and V4's rock and I'd love to see more V4s we can actually purchase.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Ducati released a $65,000 street legal version of the 990cc MotoGp bike.

Oh, they sold every last one of them so you can't have one. If you bought a 999r you got priority on the list.

That works out to about 95 grand for two bikes!

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Ah 800 cc version would be the cat's meow.. I love the lines of the Desmosedici RR.. Now if they can just make a 800cc version for 15 grand. Ducati should not ignore the GMP. This last hoorah for the V-Twin is a waste of resources. Probably a stop gap measure until they get the 800cc V-4 ready

·
Registered
514 Posts
I saw a PowerPoint presentation Frederico Minoli gave to investors about 6 months ago on future Ducati product plans, the idea being to simplify their product lineup and improve margins:

-the number of different bike models will be cut almost in half, all the "dark" models gone, Supersports gone, 750cc sport bike gone, MTS 620 gone

-only one low cost introductory model ... the Monster 695

-focus on introducing new higher price bikes like the Hypermotard, MTS1100, 1098 and Desmosedici

The number of core bike families cut to 4

Superbike

MTS/motard

Monster

Sport touring

as well as profitable "specials" like the Desmosedici and SportClassics

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
They haven't got my memo yet. Right now the new bike isn't legal in WSB or AMA. I can see the mighty 4 from Japan be pissed enough to start their own league..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
We will see. The looks are so so. Performance compared to the latest liter inline 4 bikes is probably inferior as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.