Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Wow, I didn't know a plank (wooden I assume) could support a 700lb bike.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
One of my customers lost his life this year after his bike fell on him. Don't laugh, but this is what happened. The guy's a Waffle House cook and his shift over. While waiting for his new bride (also a Waffle House employee) he decides it's time to change the oil. He positions his Vulcan on a sidewalk corner straddling the V in the sidewalk. He gets the oil drained and (here it's fuzzy because there were no witnesses) the bike tips (I believe he was on the ground but holding the handle bars). Because he's lower than most of the bike the balance shifted and over the bike went. It snapped his neck- bike on top of him and no people around he died. The medical examiner said he never felt a thing. I always wondered how these guys can make statements like that. You figure the biker was standing in front of St Pete and as Pete looking at him you here (while laughing) St Pete say "You're not pulling my leg? You died how?"

·
Registered
148 Posts
It Can Work

I've seen folks get away with this. At a track day this one rocker guy (ton up club member)was alternating his cafe'd bonneville and 60's vintage BMW on the track. To load them into his truck he put a 2x6 against his tailgate, goosed the bike and flew up the board, caught a bit of air at the top, and stopped the bike precisely in position in the back of the truck. The he repeated the trick with the second bike, dropping it into position right next to the first. The small but very impressed crowd gave him an ovation. Maybe that is routine in the dirt bike world? But it sure contrasted to the way all the other folks loaded their bikes that day. At the opposite end of the spectrum some guy pulled up with a trailer that was bigger and probably nicer than my first apartment. Out rolls a MV F4 and a 999. I love track days.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: I wonder......

You are absolutly correct! I suppose it's the whole HD show that causes the rest of us to poke fun at them.

I agree, in this case we are out of line.

Speaking as someone who has had truck loading accidents. Including one really dumb one where I tried to ride a gpz1100 up the board I was using. (I was 18 when I did this) This could happen to any of us. My heart goes out to this guy's family.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Curses to you, Buz!

Huddle House is the "Newman" of greasy spoon diner food.

On topic: Ok, I'll bite, since no one elsed mentioned it. Does this poor SOB rate a Darwin Award? What say we?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.