Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wait a second longride. I thought that it was only middleaged guys on Harleys that crashed like this.

Still, I would really have liked seeing Keanu Reeves "fall off his motorbike" while riding down the road. Too many goofballs will do that. Or was it from reading all those reviews for "Speed 2"?

·
Registered
273 Posts
I seem to remember something about Keanu Reeves crashing while doing a stunt for some movie. Also, if he 'nearly died' wouldn't that entail more than a few weeks on crutches?

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
My crashes have always occurred on Japanese standard or sportbikes(excluding dirtbike crashes), and all when I was much younger, and of course much smarter. Now that I'm old and stupid, I haven't kissed the turf in a long while. I certainly don't want to scuff up my new fringed arm chaps, or dent my EZ-Leaker by doing my Superman Slide down the highway.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I was anxiously awaiting the black, fringed version of the E-Z LEAKER™ but, sadly, it is not to be: from http://www.ezleaker.com

"Thank you for your interest in E-Z LEAKER™. Unfortunately, the founder and inventor of the E-Z LEAKER™ has passed on. His family is not interested in continuing the offering..."

·
Registered
162 Posts
Don't forget David Hasslehoff's recent motorcycle crash.

Oops, you said *celebrity* crashes. (I know he's extremely popular in Germany but that doesn't count, as they also don't believe Saddam has W.O.M.D.)

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPI Release-

The inventor of the EZ-Leaker(tm) was killed in a tragic motorcycle accident last Saturday. He was unhelmeted and riding his customized Harley-Davidson behind a group of customers who had just purchased several of his EZ-Leakers(tm). He encountered an unexpected patch of moisture on the road while turning at a high rate of speed, lost control and ran into a recently erected U.S. Department of Transportation "55 Saves Lives" billboard.

His relieved family has decided not to continue sales of the EZ-Leaker(tm).

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
For those of you unfamiliar with Knopfler's sound track from Local Hero, go pick it up. Very good to relax to after a bad day. The movie is odd but interesting, one of my favorites. If you like Scottish coastal scenery, you'll love the movie. Typical dry UK humour meets Texas ego-ethnocentrism. Heal quickly Mark. Hop back on that horse real soon.

·
Registered
170 Posts
The UK officials should ban all Fiats and female drivers so that Hondas can travel safely.

Or should they ban all musos and other celebrities from riding motorcycles?

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I think the newswriter collapsed two or more accidents into one incident. Another site which similarly cited other celebrity cycle accidents mentioned at least 3 seperate ones involving Keanu (maybe he needs an MSF class?), including one as a teen-ager that resulted in a ruptured spleen and other serious injuries.

Looks to me that the writer of the piece above plagerized and took some creative liberty with the other piece. Pretty shoddy journalism, if you ask me.

BTW, of the 30-40 on-line stories on this I looked at, every one was taken largely word for word from a press release by Knopfler's press agent.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Second Broken Collarbone

This is the second broken collarbone for Mark Knopfler -- in 1986 he broke one in a crash during a celebrity auto race (I believe in connection with the Australian Grand Prix).

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.