Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those are some pretty damn cool stacked pipes on Mladin's bike! I wonder if there's any chance Yoshimura would put something like that into production?

·
Registered
4 Posts
double pipes

twin pipes will create more flow hints more horse power but it will be more top end than bottom end it takes the torke away do to the fact of less back pressure so it has its pros and cons i just wonder why they didn't put then on boths sides to balance the bike better it will heaver on one side with that extra pipe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: double pipes

Double pipes = less back pressure? How so? Take the baffles out of a single pipe reduces the back pressure just as effectively.

Personally, I think that the twin pipes have more to do with sound production than anything else. The two pipes/cans probably allow a longer exhaust traject, meaning that you get the same flow but a lower end velocity, which would translate to a reduction in sound/noise. Sounds feasible (to me) especially in light of the fact that many circuits are imposing noise restrictions.

Clutchman

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rember the RVF750r / RC45 racebike of Edwards and Slight? They had twin pipes the last few years (not just because of two cylinder banks) which suggests that Honda got an advantage - and they've been known to get the odd thing right.

I wonder if team Suzuki will make any statements as to the benefits or drawbacks??

Are you guys aware of Mladins history in Australia?? He just stunned everyone.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Does this mean my 81 CB750K Four-Piper is now stylish?

Maybe when it hits production, it'll be called the "Toucan System" (and there was much laughter). Maybe Suzuki can pick up Froot Loops as a sponsor. Maybe I need to take less cold medicine.

greatoldbikes.com

·
Registered
236 Posts
Back Pressure Bunk

Back pressure doesn't help in any way shape or form. Proper gas velocity, OTOH, does. That's why Honda's VTEC only opens two of four valves at low RPM's, smaller opening means gas flows faster and produces better low end torque. As RPM's go up, all four valves open so you don't get too restrictive.

Back pressure. Sheesh.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.