Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Rember the RVF750r / RC45 racebike of Edwards and Slight? They had twin pipes the last few years (not just because of two cylinder banks) which suggests that Honda got an advantage - and they've been known to get the odd thing right.

I wonder if team Suzuki will make any statements as to the benefits or drawbacks??

Are you guys aware of Mladins history in Australia?? He just stunned everyone.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Yep, good point Dneall. I just re-read an article where Edwards commented the single pipe on the twin gave the same power as two pipes but smoother power.

Do you remember Mladin on his RGV250 some thought was 'special' until he had to borrow a backmarkers engine and still blitzed the field at Phillip Island, or the times the (? then 19 yr old) was doing on an unfamiliar ZXR in the World Endurance 6 hr (again at Phillip Island). These were the things that got him his ill fated GP ride (too much too soon??)

I'm an Aussie but not a particular one eyed fan, just remember seeing some very impressive stuff from him as a youngster (before he got badly injured). Credit where it's due.

Schwantz is the most exciting rider I've ever seen.

I'm sure the U.S. and European guys have done stuff I'm not aware of prior to the big time too.

Ride safe and enjoy the life!

·
Registered
146 Posts
As an aside, have you ever seen the fvideo from Wanneroo, Western Australia, when Bayliss on a Suzuki was fighting with Martin Craggill on a Kawasaki for the Aussie title - Bayliss was backing it in, sliding it around and powersliding it out as dramatically as anything Gobert, Schwantz, Doohan or McCoy ever have, lap after lap - simply awesome!

Has anyone else won a world title their first full year on the circuit?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.