Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
and they then ran just a single pipe on the castrol twins towards the end of the 2001 SBK championship...

Mladin won the Aussie champs on the dominant ZXR, but others have done much better (Gardner, Doohan, Bayliss and McCoy)

· Registered
146 Posts
Yep, good point Dneall. I just re-read an article where Edwards commented the single pipe on the twin gave the same power as two pipes but smoother power.

Do you remember Mladin on his RGV250 some thought was 'special' until he had to borrow a backmarkers engine and still blitzed the field at Phillip Island, or the times the (? then 19 yr old) was doing on an unfamiliar ZXR in the World Endurance 6 hr (again at Phillip Island). These were the things that got him his ill fated GP ride (too much too soon??)

I'm an Aussie but not a particular one eyed fan, just remember seeing some very impressive stuff from him as a youngster (before he got badly injured). Credit where it's due.

Schwantz is the most exciting rider I've ever seen.

I'm sure the U.S. and European guys have done stuff I'm not aware of prior to the big time too.

Ride safe and enjoy the life!

· Registered
146 Posts
As an aside, have you ever seen the fvideo from Wanneroo, Western Australia, when Bayliss on a Suzuki was fighting with Martin Craggill on a Kawasaki for the Aussie title - Bayliss was backing it in, sliding it around and powersliding it out as dramatically as anything Gobert, Schwantz, Doohan or McCoy ever have, lap after lap - simply awesome!

Has anyone else won a world title their first full year on the circuit?

· Registered
145 Posts
Re: double pipes

OK, I'm sorry but dude you are on drugs. Let's see I'm running a superbike team and my top priority is to change the sound of the bike. Hmmm......i don't think so. You can be sure that the change in the exhaust system will affect the powerband of the bike. You can take that to the bank. I'm sure it will change the sound as well but that is nothing more then a by product and not the intent of the change. Damn dude. Judith escaped!

· Registered
11 Posts
Unbelievable

Yea I saw it. I thought it was a joke at first. Hydraulic drive?? Are they trying to make bikes more user friendly? Safety first I suppose. Difficult to wheelie? Should be a big seller (if ever manufactured) in the UK........much safer on wet roads.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.