Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Administrator
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer!

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Matt Mladin: One Straight-Talkin' Racer! in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
I believe every sport needs a villan and Matt makes a good one. He's the Racer X of AMA. Most hate him but all respect him.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Can someone tell me why Suzuki wins every year and everybody else is an also ran?
'Cuz they've got Mat Mladin - DUH! :D

Hello! McFly!

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
BTW- it's clear that Matt prefers the current rules, but he's a business man, too. If Suzuki deems it- seems he'd be willing to run the Daytona Superbike class. Interesting............

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mat, a cool guy, I just wish he'd gone to wsbk 4 or 5 years ago.

I for one won't be crying over the demise of AMA Suzukibike...er....superbike, it's boring as hell and the first two spots on the podium are a foregone conclusion, the race is really for third place.

Who can honestly say that Supersport and FX isn't way more entertaining (and closer) racing? I think that DMG is on to something, the manufacturers can cry a river sales of litrebikes won't change one iota, let's face it 1. this is the USA and bigger IS better and 2. most are sold to testosterone loaded men who don't mind paying an extra couple of grand for 40 more ponies.

Flame on.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
"Mat, a cool guy, I just wish he'd gone to wsbk 4 or 5 years ago."

Well, he would have, but then you can't strut around acting like a proper pr!ck when you are just a mid pack racer now can you?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
LOL, not a Mladin fan huh?
Well, lets just put it this-a-way: longride thinks the title should have been Matt Mladin: One Shat-Talkin' Racer!

:D

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Oh bullsh*t...

Just a Little League rider with a Major League attitude.
He's been on top because he had the best bike and the most skill, now that Spies is in the mix he has to work for it. The fact is if he's so lame he'd be a mid pack rider not a multi time winner. He might be a prick but he's a dam* fast one

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
At least Spies will have the balls to join GP and match his skills with the best in the world on the fastest bikes on the planet. He might struggle, and he might suck, but at least he won't be an AMA weenie bragging about all his 'well earned' titles against has-been's and never-will-be's. Real champions challenge themselves. Those that don't gather AMA titles and act like King Shyt.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
At least Spies will have the balls to join GP and match his skills with the best in the world on the fastest bikes on the planet. He might struggle, and he might suck, but at least he won't be an AMA weenie bragging about all his 'well earned' titles against has-been's and never-will-be's. Real champions challenge themselves. Those that don't gather AMA titles and act like King Shyt.
Ummmm, LR, I to break this to ya but motorcycle racers don't have to ever actually win anything to act like King Shyt. Sort of comes with the territory. I run into plenty of them who haven't even done a track day.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Mladin is an employee, maybe the reason he stays in AMA is because that's where his employer wants him, look how much mileage Suzuki gets out of the "Unbeatable GSXR" title wins.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Mladin is an employee, maybe the reason he stays in AMA is because that's where his employer wants him, look how much mileage Suzuki gets out of the "Unbeatable GSXR" title wins.
Correctly, Mladin is a American Suzuki employee. American Suzuki doesn't have another racing outlet other than Yosh. Matt picked a no lose when he signed up with them. If he'd been contracted to Suzuki in Japan it'd probably be a different story.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.