Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So let me see if I've got this straight... If you buy their product, and display their stickers, and do well, they might go you ... a tent? And the same deal for the first female qualifier? Wow, they really are putting their hand in their pocket, eh?

Am I being overly cynical here, or is this a bit on the sad side??

·
Registered
43 Posts
definitely sounds like a screwy plan to me

There are more misguided people out there than you think. The einstein whom I bought my ZX-6 from had no less than 10 FOX Racing stickers on it (yes, that's right, DIRT-BIKE stickers). What contingency money was this guy trying to compete for? Anyway, good point about this.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I think you're being overly cynical. Having never heard of Maxima oils, I can only assume they're not a huge company, so they should get at least some credit. Besides, what other money is out there for women motocrossers?

By the way, I've had a Bel-Ray sticker on my Seca II since I dropped it in a parking lot seven years ago. Isn't that why people put stickers on their bikes -- because they're too cheap to fix the paint?

·
Registered
236 Posts
No worse than others

If you buy tires, display stickers, wear patches, fill out a form in advance, and do well you get credit to, get this, buy more tires! Pretty much the same deal from Dunlop/Michelin/Pierelli. I'd rather have the tent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: definitely sounds like a screwy plan to me

Not that I'm defending some street squid, but the Fox Racing Shox part number for a ZX-6 is 997-13-013-A. Sounds like STREET-BIKE stickers were on the bike after all.

And while Maxima may be big in the motorcycle business, compared to a REALLY big company ....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: fox shocks

Any Squid can tell you they have Fox stickers on their bikes because Fox stickers look cool. I bet Charlie Fox (the founder) is really happy his name wasn't Smith or Cooper, I don't think an anvil or a barrel would have made quite as good a logo. On the other hand, Johnson could have been interesting. =8^O

·
Registered
71 Posts
Wow! Exciting! more boring, lame ass women's sports. When will people finally realize that as long as men are doing the same sport, the men will be MUCH more fun to watch! Testosterone is just better than estrogen, a plain and simple fact that the "man haters" and "***** of america" keep trying to ignore. Disagree? OK. Then tell me why there are seperate mens and womens sporting events in EVERYTHING! The only time men compete against women in the olympics is pairs figure skating!

Some people like womens sports, I guess, and that's fine. I just think fast breaks, slam dunks and quick, gifted athleticism is better than medium breaks, lay ups and.... I'm getting sleepy talking about it.

Just get over it ladies! You are so much better at so many other things... drop the insecurity and be proud of who you are! You'll never be that good at racing... sorry! The almighty penis wins again! HAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Women in sport

Hmm...

1. Didn't Billie Jean King beat a reigning Men's Tennis Champion in a best-of-5 match (women's tennis matches are best-of-3)?

2. Women's basketball is fun to watch 'coz there's more bouncing than just the ball... :)

3. You forgot to say MORE POWER! HARR HARR HARR! at the end, Tim...

·
Registered
71 Posts

Billie Jean King! WOW! There's a great one time lucky example! A tennis match about 20 or so years ago. I'm laughing out loud right now... thank you. Anyone is bound to hit a full court shot every once in a while! OK... I have your ONE example but I don't have 25 years and 15,000 truck loads of paper to write down the "other side" of the story.

It's just all this politically correct that seems to be getting more and more out of hand. Women can be successful and productive without acting and looking like men. Women are the poster children for the word insecure and we get to watch. Gross.

MORE POWER! HARR HARR HARR!

There you go Timmy! Now go show your wife what a good boy you were and hurry cuz it's past your bedtime.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Sounds to me like you are the one who is insecure. You are right...women can be successful and productive without acting and looking like men. But they are also free to do whatever the hell they want. You sound a little threatened....maybe you are scared that a woman can beat you...then you wouldn't be able to put out the neanderthal testosterone laden comments you have before. Read about Katja Poensgen lately? She is kicking mens asses all over the track and she is doing it on their "territory".

I'm thinking that your mother didn't like you or that you had an older sister that beat you up all the time...maybe it was that girl that laughed at the size of your ****.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.