Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I agree it is an excellent guide to roads in California. What's great about it is the pictures, which let you see what you're getting into (onto). If you are coming from out of state to ride here this guide lets you pick the best roads and maximize your riding time. There are plenty of ordinary roads in the same area as the great roads and you could easily miss them. So knowing ahead of time that you need to "turn left here", for example is well worth knowing.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Publicity ruins it for everyone

I live off a road this guy hypes as "The Holy Grail of California's Motorcycle Roads". Thanks to the publicity it's become unrideable... posted 30 mph speed limit, miles of double yellow lines and worked heavily by the CHP.

If you ever ride Skaggs Springs Road, don't even think about speeding or passing on a double yellow east of the bridge, especially on a weekend.

Too bad motorcycling isn't more like surfing, where if you find a spot you STFU and enjoy it instead of blabbing it on the freaking internet and ruining it.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Thanks for the excellent link kowalke. Although I'v ridden the majority of these roads at one time or another there were still a couple of nice surprises here. If you ever make it to Northern California look me up and I"ll guide you around. I live in Red Bluff which is where Hwy 36 West starts. It may be the best motorcycle road in the US. I also know a few rides that aren't on the pashnit site. VWW

·
Registered
174 Posts
Re: Publicity ruins it for everyone

There aren't any secret surfing spots anymore either.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Nope. I can see I 5 from my house, though Red Bluff is pretty small ( pop. about 15,000). I live in a condo, and drive a Volvo, but that confederate paint scheme idea has got me thinkin. VWW

·
Registered
85 Posts
anybody who wants to ride in the santa cruz mountains send me a message i know all the best roads and burrito spots

and i am drunk as a.... drunk guy right now.

Crown Royal.... the only alcohol my collegiate ass doesn't need a chaser for.

·
Registered
85 Posts
zx11 is a bit of a beast

my buddy was looking at a 10r you should get one of those in blue. nice bikes, but i love my CBR600RR.

******* had to get a 2004 limited edition hayabusa. reddest bike this side of a ducati.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.