Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds like a nice bike...

But at 6'5", I expect that once again, there will be no chance I'll be able to contort myself enough to fit on it.

Gah, eternally called upon to reach things on high shelves, and (essentially) banished from professional racing. I guess if I want a sport bike that fits, I'll just have to make one myself.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Slashdot Like Automated Storytelling Homepage

Oh yeah, and while I highly approve of you guys using slash (that's why it was written) you *really* ought to redefine your topics list (available through the 'topics' header in your backslash interface) 'cause posting storied about R6s under the heading of 'Linux" make ya'll look kinda goofy. Slash comes with lots of documentation, and of course, you can always go to slashcode.com to get the latest doco bundle, and to ask questions if you get really stuck.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Re: Slashdot Like Automated Storytelling Homepage

Well, ok, after poking around for a bit, I'm at least a partial dork. You have added to the topics list, so you must know how to edit them, but I still say you should pull things like "Linux", "Perl", "Mozilla", and whatnot, unless you actually want to post articles about those topics.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Slashdot Like Automated Storytelling Homepage

MO ain't slash, MO is mostly MO-sur-PHPMyPortal-sur-PHPNuke-sur-Thatware

Thanks for the tip, though, the Linux category is the one right above MO Reader Feedback and we clicked the wrong one. Oops.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Sounds like a nice bike...

Nope, it won't fit you. I'm 6'4" and sat on one

at the St.Louis bike show and it was too

small. I was looking at picking up a Kawasaki

6r but it's also too small.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The Atrociteurs’ Dream

In a bewildering apocalypse, the skies parted and unto the earth and its men struck a dazzling lightning bolt from the heavens. A light of blinding brilliance stunned one and all amidst cataclysmic reverberations that shook the globe to its core.

Thereupon rose a prophet, on this day of reckoning, to lead all men to a new world of values and meaning.

"Rise, atrociteurs, for you shall inherit the highway" the prophet commanded "no longer are the gods of all ages blessing those stout and hearty men who ride Harley-Davidsons. Nay, from this day forth it shall be the lowly atrociteur on his Asian atrocity cycle that shall prevail at the top of the motorcycling food chain, and be graced with the favor of the gods and the respect of all other men."

"For eons by immutable law of nature the Harley rider and his immaculate machine have defined what real men, real motorcycles and real Americans are all about. But henceforth the Harley and its rider shall swap places in the natural order of things with the decrepit atrociteur, and suffer fate accordingly."

With these words the mighty V-twins of The Motor Company, deployed across the country in journey and task of heretofore sacred immanence, became seized of bearing and hobbled of strength, and were swept off the road of righteousness by the flimsy tin and cheap plastic of the atrocity cycles. The commanding presence and intimidating force of the Harley riders were desecrated and replaced by the shallow pose and plaintive whine of the atrociteurs.

"The gods of all ages have spoken" the prophet declared "and it shall be the infinite depravity of the atrociteur and his debased atrocity cycle that shall rule the highway."

Keep dreamin', atrociteurs!

They call me . . . The Highwayman

·
Registered
129 Posts
Blah, Blah....Blah, Blah, Blah

Yeesh...."defined what real Americans are all about"! What defines a "real American", Mr. Highwayman? My ancestors came over on the Mayflower, does that make me a "real American"? Does it make me more of an American than someone who became a citizen today? Is it owning a Hardley that makes you a "real American"?

Do I have to be you to be a "real American"?

Easy on the road kill, Mr. Hiqhwayman!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: The Atrociteurs’ Dream

Oh no! My cycle is not only an 'atrocity', it is 'debased'? I always considered it such a well meaning and noble anthropomorphic motorcycle too!

I guess I'll keep dreaming...

·
Registered
238 Posts
Just wish it had the following:

1) Inverted Forks

2) Radial Brakes

3) 32 bit CPU

4) Steering Dampner

5) 32 bit CPU

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts

The term "Real American" is usually followed by some sort of PatBuchananish political drivel or some jingoistic "kick all the Mexicans out" racist rant. Here we get pseudoreligious claptrap.

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirt bag.

Still waitin' for that DD214 Mr. Patriotic Hero.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: Sounds like a nice bike...

I have to agree. I'm 6'4 also and have trouble fitting myself onto the newer 600's. Heck, even the 750's and 1000's are at this size now. I also regret being banned from professional racing due to my size. tough to compete when you are giving up 30 or 40 lbs to other (smaller) competitors.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have to agree. I, for one, don't even like motorcycles. Why can't we have more articles on knitting? Or pictures of kittens?

Do you hear us Johnny B? Quit wasting our time with all this talk of bikes! Bring on the meatloaf recipes!

·
Registered
148 Posts

He's accusing asain manufactured bike riders, presumeably sportbike riders, of "shallow pose and plaintive whine of the atrociteurs?" Shallow Pose? Has he rolled by the yuppie ice houses on a Saturday night and seen all the harley riding dentists and accountants tarted up in leather fringe and conchos like magpies with leather fetishes? And if loud pipes are not a plaintive whine for attention then there is no such thing as insecurity. Sorry Highwayman, this is your weakest effort yet.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.