Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Original Article:
Medical alert device

Please discuss the Motorcycle.com article Medical alert device in our Motorcycle Forums below. Use the reply button to let others know your comments or feedback on the article. Constructive criticism is always appreciated, along with your thoughts and personal opinions on the bikes and products we have tested.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
This is pretty cool, but almost seems a bit "Big Brother-ish". {shudders}

For the Luddites amongst us, there's another low-tech solution:

Medical Information Data Systems, Inc.

Fill in your info with a pencil, fold neatly per the instructions, slip it in the pouch, tuck in the flap, then peel & stick!

All my helmets have one.

They also work great as "Ice-Breakers" for other riders you may happen to meet (I bought a few dozen, carry with, and give them out to people I meet).

You never know, Ya' know?

(besides, I'm REALLY hard on crap like this - I go through PDAs, Jump Drives, and Cell Phones like they were the cheap, Chinese-made toys they are...........)

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
This is pretty cool, but almost seems a bit "Big Brother-ish". {shudders}

For the Luddites amongst us, there's another low-tech solution:

Medical Information Data Systems, Inc.

Fill in your info with a pencil, fold neatly per the instructions, slip it in the pouch, tuck in the flap, then peel & stick!

All my helmets have one.

They also work great as "Ice-Breakers" for other riders you may happen to meet (I bought a few dozen, carry with, and give them out to people I meet).

You never know, Ya' know?

(besides, I'm REALLY hard on crap like this - I go through PDAs, Jump Drives, and Cell Phones like they were the cheap, Chinese-made toys they are...........)
If your info is written in pencil then no one needs a laptop to read it.

Reminds me of the millions that NASA spent on a pen that would write in space.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Reminds me of the millions that NASA spent on a pen that would write in space.
Those them lil' black clicky-pens that say "Property of U.S. Government" on them?

Not that I would know anything about such an animal, as I've never worked (directly!) for the Gub'mint..........

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.