Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts
Whoa now to everyone calling for these fellow motorcyclists heads! Let's get the details first before we pass judgement...what movie were they going to?

The problem is all the bad press SUV's and cell phones get.

Most of the *****-birds who believe and write this crap drive SUV's, anything that can be shown as the "newest danger" to god-fearing citizens that deflects attention away from them is good

Since motorcycles are looked on with disdain by most of these creten's anyway, why not.......

Not exactly. That situation is as such IMO.

Cars are an interest to the entire public unlike motorcycles which are an interest to a very small percentage of the public. Lobbyist, politicians, and Oprah watching soccer moms love to pass poorly thought out legislation against things they don't participate in and don't enjoy themselves and therefore can't (or don't care to) take the time to understand how another enjoys it. They read a few blips in the newspaper and make up their mind that this is how it is in whole and the best solution is to get rid of it.

If we were really concerned as a society about saving human life, preventing crime, improving the family unit, improving education, lowering the cost of health care, lowering the cost of insurance, decreasing vehicle accidents, and so on and so on we'd make alcohol and illegal drug (eek gads, that was painful to say!!!) and forbid its consumption. We wouldn't focus more attention on that and less on the (in comparison) extremely small number of problems created by speeding motorcycles, riding in the desert and scaring some turtle, riding mx bikes in our own back yard, helmet laws...or, the ban of semi-automatic weapons, gay marriage, did the prez. get a bj, smoke mary jane, or are his daughters partying to much at school, the proliferation of nuclear weapons (well, okay maybe not that one).

Alcohol is the culprit in such a high percentage of our problems that its elimination would save this country billions of dollars and have a drasitic effect on reducing an uncountable number of problems (domestic violence, auto and motorcycle accidents, shooting your limo driver with a shotgun while showing off in your mansion, kpauls posts;-), etc.). So why isn't it banned??? Because so many people love to get sauced no one would dare suggest it (my god, that would effect them also not just some person they don't give a damn about or some activity they don't participate in).

That's why speeding in automobiles will never be the same as speeding on motorcycles.

Also, why did your car insurance go down? Did you pass the age of 25, did your driving record improve, did you sell the trans am and buy a mini van, did you move to a lower risk area, get a car alarm, start parking in a garage? I doubt the cost to insure automobiles is falling without some factor like the previous ones not playing a role.

My friend is a policeman - highway patrol, in fact.

His friend is also a highway patrol officer.

They both owned CBR 1000RRs.

They borrowed an identical one for me for the day.

We sat at 150mph plus for about 20 minutes, three abreast.

Illegal? ... yes. Australian road laws are quite draconian.

Memorable? ... absolutely.

Dangerous? ... daylight, dry road, excellent equipment, very experienced (and trained) riders, loooong stretch of straightish freeway. "No citizen was harmed in the making of this thrill".

And anway ... I was only trying to keep up with the two coppers.

Here I am working my way through a jar opf Jamisons and you've got to fill my head with visions of Monica.

Single malt and Monica, and Cathrine ZJ are proof god loves us and wants us to be happy. and Triumphs.

BTW, last weekend National Public Radio had a story about the supposed 205mph speeder. He did not comment, but many did and they proved by interviewing experts that there is no way a Honda RC51 could have gone 205, no matter what.

I'm one of those that enjoys opening it up on a long stretch of deserted road. I had my 2003 Blackbird up to 171 on a two lane road and it was still pulling freight train strong. I decided to back off and not press my luck. I had my FZ1 up to an indicated 160 on the same road, but it took a while to get there. My current ride, a ZRX1200 is only good for 150, but gets the test frequently. They always run better after you blow them out. Would I do this on an interstate? Never.

I mostly agree with the first poster. Not smart. Especially since he got caught. Insurance companies use simple statistics programs to set their rates, and those stats are affected (by how much varies) when new data about accidents and violations are inputed. Comparing car rights to bike rights is not valid, primarily because of the different usage of each. Basically, reckless riders suck and I'd say this qualifies as reckless in my book (and the law books as well).

Guess I'm sorta jaded. Way I figure it, everybody's gonna go out and open up their toys, stupid as it may be, every once and a while, so they can go back and tell their frieds: Hey! Look what I done! But, as far as I'm concerned, the dumbest thing that the guy did, was not coming up with a better excuse. I mean, it's one thing to get a ticket, the size of a Third World nation,s GNP; but, standing there, giving a lame excuse like that, is unforgivable.

21 - 40 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.