Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 18 Posts

· Registered
56 Posts
I don't care how somebody else does on a track. I just hate the ME Z3 and the ME Z1 regular street tires. They enforce a line trough corners what I hate, front tires have too less grip, especially in cold conditions. They arent to well in the wet and absolutely sh i t (like very unstable) when you go over lines and stripes on the road. They wear too fast in the middle.

The only good thing is corner grip and spin up / drift predictability. Expensive.

Tire I like: D207 (but not grippy enough), but the rest is ok. Bike FZS600, sizes: 110/70 zr17 160/60zr17.

· Registered
56 Posts
I know that every tire is slippery on the paint stripes and I can live with that, but the difference with the D207 is that on the ME's the bike gets very unstable because of the height difference*. It tends to get out of balance and wants to get into tankslapping.

* the stripes around here are a couple of mm high

Good point about the handling, that's exactly what I mean. I like to fall into a corner so that's why I don't like the ME's. :)

About the warm-up time and road temperature... I compared them in the same conditions. But I feel that the ME's just don't have as much grip as other tires when cold.

I am told that the BT-010 and Pilot Sport are very good in every aspect, so I'll try one of those in the future.

· Registered
56 Posts
www.motorcyclenews.com will have a test with a great number of sport street tires soon. Its on UK roads, so maybe a good item for MO to test them in the US too?

I quote:

"There are 35 sets of tyres involved and they will be run on six very different bikes to give a great range of feedback: Honda CBR600 Sport, Yamaha Fazer 1000, Suzuki GSX-R1000, Ducati 996, Yamaha FJR1300 and Buell X1 Lightning"

Don't know when its available, but they are testing now.

1 - 5 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.