Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ahh the priveleged life of a washed-up superstar. If Jordan wants to throw his (or Nike's) money at roadracing then I certainly wouldn't try to stop him. It does miff me that I can't have a custom-made set of kangaroo Alpinestars leathers though, at any price (I actually asked), and I am forced to buy their dumb canned color schemes in cowhide while he probably gets his stuff for free. Oh well, my next set will probably be another brand. I hope someone at AS reads this.

Too bad they can't have somebody ride that bike that has a some skill and the ability to actually appreciate it. Just like the old rich men that buy Ferraris, the people that actually get the chance to ride or drive one are the people with the least ability to utilize and appreciate them.

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
The more celebs the better

Ducati is smart doing this. Jordan is the most recoginized person on earth according to People magazine. Heck Honda should buy Kobe a bike. Kawasaki should give a bike to Iverson. HD should give a bike to Fare but he would probably want a Buell. etc. The car makers used to do this with Movie Stars and it worked....

This is good press for motorcycling.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I'd not be surprised if, given some instruction and some practice, Mr. Jordan was able to ride the thing pretty well. His eye-hand coordination must be something that only most gifted can begin to imagine.

Now, go out and enjoy riding your iron sleeved XB12R. I assume that your are, after all, a true ferris bueller.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I was reading this thinking "who is Michael Jordan"...then I realized it was the basketball guy.

I didn't even know he rode, guess I pay to much attention to Premier League Football, American sports basically suck. Give me World Rally Cars and Soccer anyday.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I do not reply to these much - because

1. Most of the time everyone is talking about motorcycles and I have no experience in this area.

AND

2. I don't want to be treated like KPaul

But I have to respond to these:

"I was reading this thinking "who is Michael Jordan"...then I realized it was the basketball guy"

The very first sentence in the article says "Basketball legend Michael Jordan..."

Kind of hard to miss if you ask me.

"American sports basically suck"

I hope your breath is not like your opinion - or you need some extra strength mouth wash.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Let me begin by saying to those that slam MJ, You guys suck. I've been lucky enough to meet him at Road America and Road Atlanta this year. He's a stand up guy that loves the sport. He may be new to organized racing but has a ton of m/x and streetbike experience. He's also trying to change the face of the game by encouraging minority ownership in the sport. If he continues to develop his team and achieves any type of success then he will have achieved what nascar has not. Good for him. As for Ducati- Jordan races Yamaha's in the AMA. Ducati's are what he owns. Don't you think Ducati is thinking marketing. If Ducati were really going to make a big AMA splash they would damn-near give him race bikes next season to run with factory support. It's all about who draws what and Jordan (no matter the sport) draws fans and fans buy bikes. So there- blah, blah and two pair of pants.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
zzzzzzzoccer.......zzzzzzzoccer.....zzzzzoccer.......

Dude, soccer makes baseball look exciting. Maybe you should switch from that effete euroweenie Bushmills to some good old fashioned American red, white and blue Wild Turkey before you find yourself following the cricket scores or watching golf.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Not very Libertarian of you. Jordan didn't steal his money from anyone and wasn't born into a privledged life.

In addition to his ability, he was also known as one of the hardest working, most brutal players to practice with in the league.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Soccer?

Any sport where faking an injury is considered an appropriate tactic is not a real man's sport but a girly man's sport.

No wonder the fans get drunk and started beating the hell out of each other after 90 minutes of boredom.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.