Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey You, Frenchy! You throwing the Tire! No standee 'round, you throwie the Tire........

·
Registered
46 Posts
I cannot believe that this race does not capture the imagination of more people in North America. Besides the Motorcycles, you have those honkin' big trucks, and cars. Something for everyone. I for one would love to cruise through Africa!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
There's about a dozen of us that care. I thought it was an awesome race. The coverage was pretty good.

Although it seems like it would be an awesome thing to even try... I think I'd better start with maybe "the hayseed 100" or something, see how that goes...

·
Registered
540 Posts
Dakar is simply the most exciting sporting event anywhere. It's two solid weeks, there are deaths, serious injuries, serious athleticism, amateurs competing against pros, cool bikes, and cool terrain. Versus is stills showing repeats of there 1/2 hour daily coverage if you missed. Go quick and record it!

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, some of us want to care but it's so depressing reading about dictators who make Saddam Hussein seem reasonable.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Yep, yep and... oh yeah, yep. Dakar is "the" event I love to watch for all the epic drama. I wish Vs. coverage was a bit less auto/truck biased, but some coverage for motos is better than no coverage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.