Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Good article. Actually testing bikes that people might ride is a good thing. Maybe more people will look at these bikes for their first or next purchase and the sales figures might shift away from the boring metric cruisers.

However, for the life of me, I can't figure how the bike that everyone seemed to hate came in 4th place. After reading the rider coments on the Yammerhammer I couldn't figure how it came in anything but last.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: LUSTING after EX500?

Lusting after Janeane Garofolo would be more like lusting after a Ural. And only if it has a really really good muffler.

The EX500 is more in the "chick on the weather" channel class.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: THe standard of the competition...

Having come up through the 60's I fully realize that any of these bikes are paragons of performance and reliability.

We truly live in the golden age of motorcycling.

It was just a bit jarring to read the critical comments that seemed much worse than the comments about the lower rated bikes. From the tone of the article I would have given it 7th place. If not for Fonzie's first place vote it would have placed 6th or 7th.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
It's hard to tell what the problem is. The original post is too cryptic. Just a gratuitous slam that resulted in another gratuitous slam so the squidlies are expressing their upset with longride with, you guessed it, yet more gratuitous slams.

Apparently MO is supposed to exclusively limit itself to an unending round robin of comparos of the squidly approved dozen or so race replicas. Bikes like in this test are a waste of time since they don't get 100+ hp, I guess.

Or he's just disappointed because they left out the VFR and Concours. Who knows?

Actually, this test sucks because they didn't include a Benelli Tornado! I want one! God, it's gorgeous! Too pricey though. It's now a dead heat between a Speed Triple and a Falco for me.

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
Re: waaay down to 60 LOL

The best benefit for you of riding in inclement weather is that you can be sure the KPaul is not out there with you. Don't worry about him until it's 75 and sunny.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.