Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
160 Posts
What Gives

I read your FZ6 review and I don't remember too much being said about vibration or buzzyness. Now I read the comparo and everyone all of a sudden hates the tingly engine. All this leaves me wondering if you got a bad test bike?

· Registered
160 Posts
Re: What Gives

That occurred to me also. There was a time when I was more prone to criticize those with the gift of literary composition, until I realized that my skills were totally lacking in that area. So now I am more cautious. Still I think I will wait and read more about this bike because I really like the idea of a middle weight standard. I just sold a KLR 650 with the intention of replacing it with a more street oriented, light, comfortable, standard. I thought the FZ was the answer until I read the shoot out. I am a long time fan of Honda motorcycles but the style of the 599 leaves me feeling like, well, feeling like it is sort of boring. I test rode a Speed Four at Daytona during Bike Week and I loved it except for the riding position, and at 55 years of age I need a little more room. The lines for the FZ6 were too long, I never got close to riding it, and forget about asking my local dealer for a ride, we are talking Jap bikes ya know. Since I am a confirmed Geezer I am thinking of a trip to Houston to test ride a Brevia 750. Could be the ticket?

Tim

· Registered
160 Posts
I guess we think alike. I have the first year DL1000. I hung around the Suzuki Demo tent at Bike Week this year and talked to riders who had the chance to ride the 1000 and the 650. Most seemed to like the middleweight better.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.