Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Love the review. I'll recomend it to newbies.

I needed this review a couple of years ago, before I bought my Ninja. Cause you're right I should of been riding one of these bikes around my first couple of years. Newbies should take this review seriously [/b]

Great writing.

[*]Buz and Martin did great work.

[*]Strange as it seems my armchair rankings would probably would be similar to Buz's.

[*]Loved the Jimmy Carter thing Martin,

[*]"Have you ever seen the guy who cruises the streets with his dual sport machine with a milk crate strapped on the back? " Great comparison Buz. A lot of my engineering buds fit this category, they think my Ninja is illogical.

[*]EBass sexual discription of the Honda 599 was classic MO great stuff [*]As usual Sean does a great job of putting it all together and reminded us racer wannabe how we can get spanked by guy on a Sportster

· Banned
2,452 Posts
KPaul the Great Motorcycle Prophet makes a prediction.

The FZ-6looks like a great concept on paper and it was going to validate a prediction I have. I like the looks and the half fairing. Too bad the execution was bad One could see manufacturers developing a family of bikes based on the same 600 ccc engine:

[*]A hard core sport bike

[*]A softer sport tourer, lower pegs, higher bars, larger fairing

[*]A half faired standard

[*]A naked standard

Currently, manufacturers hang on to there old supersports for the softer sport tourers Katana and Yamaha FJ600 come to mind. If I was a bike maker it seems one could dramatically reduce the cost of parts, maintenance etc. by going to a family based on a same engine. A 1000cc family could be built in the same way.

Longride will probably tell me its been done before. Buz will say I need V-Twin to build a family like the SV650 and SV650S.

KPaul

The Great Motorcycle Prophet.

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: When your Triumph breaks let me know. I have a lust for a yellow Daytona

Thanks for the comments. I always liked the looks of the Sprint and Speed Triple. Every time I look at the Daytona I feel lust. I think my wife knows about my obseesion with the Daytona cause I put a picture of it in my den and built a screen saver from all pictures I could find. Gpod to hear about the reliability. That and the two year warranty make me feel better.

· Banned
2,452 Posts
Re: When your Triumph breaks let me know. I have a lust for a yellow Daytona

Thanks for the comments. I always liked the looks of the Sprint and Speed Triple. Every time I look at the Daytona I feel lust. I think my wife knows about my obseesion with the Daytona cause I put a picture of it in my den and built a screen saver from all pictures I could find. Gpod to hear about the reliability. That and the two year warranty make me feel better.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.