Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Middleweight?

Wow, things sure have changed, when the press considers a 1200cc Harley Sporster "middleweight" material. Middleweight compared to what? A Boss Hoss?

Nice shoot-out. Why no Nighthawk 750 Honda, or ZX750 Kawasaki? Too stone age? (When you think about it, though, you don't see too many people riding around on 'em, anymore.)

Nice you included the 500 Kawacker. Indestructible motor. Hell, I think you could nitrous one of those things, and still get 70,000 miles out of it.

Good job, guys. Guess I'll re-up, when the time comes...

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Middleweight?

Yeah, that air cooled 2 valve motor in the Kawi is tried 'n true. I have an '81 KZ with a big bore kit (875cc), it's a sleeper. Too bad I wasn't going up the Crest the day of the shootout. Nothing like getting passed by someone wearing a Bell Moto 3, and a Full Bore jacket. Heh heh...

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Middleweight? Flyweight?

Yes. Well, maybe...

But only under two conditions:

#1: You'll be on the Sporkster.

#2: You won't pass me in front of everyone at Newcom's Ranch.

· MODERATOR X
5,447 Posts
Re: Moto 3's at 10 paces...

Yes, but did I mention the spark plug wire clause? Where each bike can only run one (1) plug wire?

Under this rule, (soon to be mandated by the CHP) I'll actually be riding a 218cc KZ, and you'll be riding a 600 Harley.

Kind of like the "restrictor plate" rule, this keeps down the overall top speed, and those messy trips "over the side".

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.