Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,229 Posts
I think that's a valid point. My first "street" bike was a KS125 Kawasaki enduro (three days after my fifteen birthday). Probably around 8 HP on a good day. Redline was 8000 RPM but I'd shift at 7000 for maximum acceleration! (it'd fall off the pipe). "Speed Shifting", Racing tuck, slamming on the brakes (drums) at the last possible moment, riding on the "ragged edge" around corners, on the gas Early and Hard coming out. All to maintain a slightly greater pace than some Grandma on the way to the store in her Pinto. I miss that bike and being able to ride like that on the street without speeding (about 68MPH indicated max with a "Jay Springteen" tuck and a mile) but the ZRX is a blast too. Obviously the law and physics demand restraint most of the time but sometimes! WOW! If only I can get to the point of sliding coming out of corners in the dry as easy as it is in the wet.

· Registered
1,229 Posts
My guess would be that the Nighthawk S would do well in any test looking for overall "goodness". As far as looks go I found it appealing. Of course having ridden the 749 I find the 999 Beautiful so what do I know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.