Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 80 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good artical myself, well balanced and informative with good pictures and videos, listening to the Speed 4 screaming on the dyno was worth the subscribtion cost alone.

Maybe some helmet cam. footage would be cool, but over all I thought it was a good write-up. What do you think was lacking?

·
Registered
129 Posts
how many people who have paid to read this would actually buy one of these wallowing pigs.

I doubt there are many bikes that aren't fully plasticked that can beat this lineup.

if you took the best parts of these bikes and combined them, you would probably still not get to the sv's level.

Lol! One of the bikes (guess which) has the same motor, only with five ponies tuned out of it, and if it's not the same frame, it's very similar. Three of the bikes in this test have signifigantly more horsepower. Also, the SV's stock suspension is known to be a little on the cheap side.

I think if you picked the best stuff out of these bikes to put together, you'd have a better bike than the SV, regardless of what you think is "best." It would probably just cost a lot more.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fun to dsee a comparo that is not only about sheer horspower, track performance or torque monsters...it's refreshing. Nice job guys...It's funny how many people discarded the Honda immediatly when it was introduced and gave the victory to Yamaha. At the time it seemed logical, but now it's the proof that what is on paper stays on paper, and that there is nothing like a good review to help choose a bike...

As for me, it well be a black 599 please

·
The Toad
17,449 Posts
It's hard to tell what the problem is. The original post is too cryptic. Just a gratuitous slam that resulted in another gratuitous slam so the squidlies are expressing their upset with longride with, you guessed it, yet more gratuitous slams.

Apparently MO is supposed to exclusively limit itself to an unending round robin of comparos of the squidly approved dozen or so race replicas. Bikes like in this test are a waste of time since they don't get 100+ hp, I guess.

Or he's just disappointed because they left out the VFR and Concours. Who knows?

Actually, this test sucks because they didn't include a Benelli Tornado! I want one! God, it's gorgeous! Too pricey though. It's now a dead heat between a Speed Triple and a Falco for me.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Re: Karate?

Ok, ok you called me on hyperbole. Dammit. It was supposed to be a polite metaphor for saying that you looked like someone not to be trifled with - without sounding like a wuss.

Anyway my point was that it would have been a 4 - way melee for the Speed 4 and the Hornet on the MO parking lot if we'd done it WWF style and I was just sizing up the competition, sort of like an NFL pre-game show, for everyone else.

cheers

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
While longride's reply may have been a little brusque, his point is quite valid. Incase you hadn't noticed this site is aimed at a broad spectrum of motorcycling interests. Just because this particular piece didn't pique your interest, sniveling like a petulant child is unbecoming of someone who ostensibly can read and write without help. The article in question featured the viewpoints of riders of differing abilities, and was well written and quite informative for those that may be interested in buying one of these machines. I seriously doubt that you will find anything better, or even as good in any other publication. VWW

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Didn't you read the piece about Aprilia going tits-up? you could get one and have an instant collector, or you could hi-thee to the Triumph dealer and find out just how good they are these days.

'Course I'm a little biased, but I'd suggest the later. That 599 sounds like a damn good deal too..........

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Love the review. I'll recomend it to newbies.

I needed this review a couple of years ago, before I bought my Ninja. Cause you're right I should of been riding one of these bikes around my first couple of years. Newbies should take this review seriously [/b]

Great writing.

[*]Buz and Martin did great work.

[*]Strange as it seems my armchair rankings would probably would be similar to Buz's.

[*]Loved the Jimmy Carter thing Martin,

[*]"Have you ever seen the guy who cruises the streets with his dual sport machine with a milk crate strapped on the back? " Great comparison Buz. A lot of my engineering buds fit this category, they think my Ninja is illogical.

[*]EBass sexual discription of the Honda 599 was classic MO great stuff [*]As usual Sean does a great job of putting it all together and reminded us racer wannabe how we can get spanked by guy on a Sportster

61 - 80 of 228 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.