Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum so let me know if this isn't the right catagory to list this in. I am wondering if anyone knows the salvage laws for missouri on bikes as far as making them licensable. Are they the same as cars. I am asking because I am getting a bike to commute on and I found a salvage bike that has very little damage and would not take much to make it rideable. However, I rebuilt a salvage car and after having to wait a few months to get it inspected by the state patrol, I had to wait almost six months to get the prior salvage title back from Jeff city and I don't have that much time to wait on the bike title. Would appriciate some help on this. I can't find anything online about it. Thanks.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
[email protected]

(573) 751-4509.

Motor Vehicle Bureau
P. O. Box 100
Jefferson City, MO 65105

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Kansas-Nebraska DMV act

The DMV lets you do that in the territories north of 36° 30', and stipulated that the inhabitants of the territories should decide for themselves the legality of Re-titling salvaged bikes.

·
Registered
7,117 Posts
It's simple enough: Any uncrewed motorcycle that is hard aground, floundering, unable to make controllable way in a navigable waterway, or sunk, (completely or partially) in navigable waterway or upon the open seas, is eligible for salvage. However, if there is a Captain and/or crew aboard the motorcycle who are actively engaged in returning the motorcycle to navigable condition, and said Captain and/or crew of the motorcycle decline assistance from the salvor, then the motorcycle is not eligible for salvage until or unless the Captain and/or crew request and accept the active participation of the salvor in the effort to save the motorcycle.

Hope that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.