Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep saw that over on Brand X ... New KTM and a Harley for Europe...

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
There were only 10 slots to hit the target 100 riders. Hopefully, they will double it before the event.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't necessarily think he chooses to ride a 750 for fun. Since he bought it fresh for the purpose of auctioning off, it may have been more a case of figuring the 750 is more welcoming to bidders than the idea of having to deal with a liter sportbike. Mladin probably has fun bikes covering every displacement you can think of.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Kudos to Mat. As a longtime fan of Motorcycle racing I have seen many tragedies, none worse, IMO, than what happened to Vincent. Vincent is another in a too long line of incredibly talented riders cut down in the pursuit of their passion.

It causes conflict for me to support such an inherently dangerous sport. I resolve it by recognizing that these Brave individuals are pursuing their dreams with full knowledge of this danger and I have to respect that.

As far as the Riders actions at VIR recently, I FULLY SUPPORT THEM. The Racers, obviously, are in the best position to judge safety issues and their decisions in this area, singlely or collectively will ALWAYS have my full support.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Actually he revealed in a Superbikeplanet.com interview that the 750 that he one his last championship was his favorite bike. Agile yet powerful. A good combo versus the over kill of the liter and the agile but high strung 600 Gixxer.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
It was Mid-Ohio where the protest happened. But you are correct to support the riders not the promoters in this case.

·
Registered
730 Posts
We've had this conversation before and I wont rehash it;but you shouldnt refer to Mladin as the " best rider in AMA road racing history" Although you may believe it,it is far from fact and is definitely arguable (e.g.:Rayborn,Nixon,Rieman,Lawson,Rainey,Shwantz,Nicky hayden,Kenny roberts,etc,etc.). So if you like ,refer to him as "arguably the best.." better still,use the term winningest or most successful in lieu of best

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Yep pretty funny...

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Defending Mladin.

He has won more Superbike championships, then anyone else. More pole postions than anyone else. Doesn't that make him the best? Even in a down year he places second. I say we measure the guys success this way "titles/year". Even Lawson and Rainy etc don't comare do they? How do you measure the best objectively? I say titles/year. within that---Superbike titles are more important than Superstock, Supersport etc. like my kPPI I use facts and data..

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
How many championships/year did Kenny have?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I could understand a protest at VIR though. That track looks spooky. In the latest Car & Driver they have a layout of VIR and the elevation changes on top of all the twisties make it appear to be a fine place to catch unintended air.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Props to Mat for a very generous gesture. As far as" the best rider in AMA history" not all that long ago you had to excel in all of the AMA sanctioned forms..flat track (1/4 & 1/2 mile), TT, and road racing to get a National #1 plate.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Hey I got two of your posts for one of mine.. Thanks for making my day..

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.