Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
big fish in the little pond doesn't want to be a small fish in the big ocean. He's scared. And spoiled. I hope Bostrom wins the championship and then goes to SBK or motogp. At least he'll have the guts to try.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Defendin Mladin: Mladin is the DuHamel of Suzuki

From Suzuki's point of view, it's a no brainer. He can be like DuHamel giving constently good results while they slide new riders in and out of the team. If I was rider like Yates or Spies I would love having a team like Mladin sharing his wisdom.

Why criticize Mladin for being a big fish in a small pond when DuHamel is doing the same thing? I thinks it's cause he is Aussie who doesn't pay too much attention to who likes him or not. i.e. easy target for the MOrons.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Maybe DuHamel is doing the same thing, but by all accounts, he isn't a ****y, arrogant, self-important prick. Mladin's "my shyt don't stink" attitude is what gets him in trouble. If he was half as good as HE thinks he is, he would be a world champ. Instead he's trying to be the greatest nobody in the world.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Re: Agreed

I think DuHamel is the winningest rider in AMA history. He acts very humble and glad to be where he is. He doesn't pretend to be the "World's Best MotoGP Rider in AMA" who is showing the little AMA guys how it's done.

DuHamel = cool.

Mladin = jerk.

Big difference.

I don't think Mladin is sharing his wisdom with Spies, FWIW.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Oh great! Now we have to put up with his tantrums, his rudeness and his lack of class for another 2 years.

At least Miguel has some class and manners, and motorcycling and motorcycle racing can only get better because of it.

Imagine what a new viewer of bike racing thinks when they see that prick being interviewed on TV, specially after things did not go his way! As far as being an image figure for Suzuki, they would have been better off with Mike Tyson or some other goon, tattoos on his face and all!

As far as I'm concerned, that kraut can go back to Australia to sleep with a mangy roo.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts

Most of the races Mladin won were on a 750 against 1000 cc twins, How can anyone dispute his ability after the way he handled the rear tire blowout a few weeks ago? If he thinks his crap don't stink it's because right now he's the best in AMA.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mladin is a Jerk. I remember a couple years ago at Laguna he got up on the podium and started bad mouthing John Kocinski, saying he was a bad rider, a guy that has raced and won in GP. Do what you want to do but don't bad mouth guys that have done what you haven't.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you SURE about this?

QUOTE:Currently in his eighth season racing in America, Mladin has become one of the all-time favourites of the sport

I would put Wanye Raniey, Schwantz, Colin Edwards, Eddie Lawson, Randy Mamola, and a boat load of others WAAAYYY ahead of Mladin. Personally I don't think Mladin belongs on the list.

That said it sure is going to be fun to watch Mladin and Xaus tangle at the Laguna races.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Re: Defendin Mladin: Mladin is the DuHamel of Suzuki

The way I see it, is that it doesn't make much sense for a 31 year old to move into MotoGP unless they were offered a ride on a factory Honda, Yamaha or Ducati (which is unlikely).

The effort in involved in trying to develop a new bike is huge and generally unrewarding. Ask Kenny Roberts Jnr if he's having fun.

And a lot of good riders aren't very good at developing a new bike.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Let EBoz and Mladin swap bikes and no one could touch Bostrom. I'm not saying Mladin is a bad rider but you can't argue the talent and competitiveness of EBoz. Mladin is good, but with his record he should be in SBK or MotoGP. The only reason he stays here is because I think he can't take the competition he'd get elsewhere. It didn't stop Hayden or Edwards. They've got drive and determination Mladin doesn't have. Would you rather be a starting pitcher for the Bush leagues or a 2nd or 3rd stringer with the Majors?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: How many titles does Mladin have?

Right, so what's his excuse for not going to a higher level? He said it himself. He likes to win. That's all that matters to him. He obviously doesn't take well to competition. And how can you knock EBoz when he's been second in the championship a couple years in a row on the ZX-7R? Oh, and who's ahead in the points now? I have no qualms with Mladin's riding talent, just his attitude. He's got no guts to go with his talent.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts