Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: How many titles does Mladin have?

No Guts? Are you watching the same races I am. Look at the way he handled that flat at Atlanta. How many guys in the world could of pulled that off?

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
I don't care about Mladin's personality. I never have and probably never will meet him. I never could walk a mile in his shoes and therefore don't expect to understand where he's coming from. They don't give extra credit for being a nice guy at the finish line. Yes, for comparisons sake Miguel (like his father) seems a class act but that won't/didn't get him or anyone else a Factory ride. Mladin's fast and an intense competitor. For that reason he is, as are all the other top riders, entertaining to watch. If Mat were riding for Honda it would seem a lot more feasible to want to take a shot at MotoGP (Suzuki's having trouble getting their equipment up to speed). I see no shame in competing at our National level. Credit where credits due. Good luck Mat.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Defending Mladin Part 2

Funny come back. But so what if he likes it here in the U.S. Until he loses i.e. somebody knocks him off more power to him. I wish I had his talent to race for so long at the AMA level. He is a winner and not even you can deny that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what its worth, I remember seeing Dean Adams on TV (can't remember what show) talking about what a nice guy Mladin is "off the track". My two cents: Matt is an intense competitor who doesn't appear to smooch booty. Does that make him a bad guy?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Re: Agreed

DuHamel=*******. See the picture in RoadRacingWorld (maybe it was Cycle News) earlier this year of him giving the finger to a privateer as he passed him for going too slow and tell me that he is "cool." He's a jerkoff and just as bad as Mladin, he just has a better PR guy.

·
Registered
64 Posts
At first, hearing Mladins sound bites a few years back, I thought he was an @ss. But lately, I think he is one of the only guys worth listening to in AMA Superbike. With the exception of his injury filled season last year, he destroyed all the competition time and again, on older machinery. Now he, and the rest of the Suzuki gang, are on the best (still 2 years old) equipment, of course they're going to start winning again.

All these other primadonnas that seem nice in front of the camera, can't help but kick at and flip off privateers for having the audacity of riding on THEIR racetrack. It's odd they come accross as the nice guys, but Mladin is in the wrong because he tends to lead.

As far as GP racing goes, Mladin made a statement about not being on the Suzuki GP effort, something like: Hopkins... what did this kid ever win? (paraphrasing)(aside from the fact that Hopper won Formula Xtreme in 2001, and the Aprilia Cup in 1999).

Give me Colin Edwards, and Matt Mladin, rough around the edges, but decisive racers on the track. (Everyone loves Carl Foggarty don't they?!?!)

What will their excuses be next year when Yamaha and Honda decide 1000cc is the way to go, and they still have to race to win?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts