Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Did you see Hopkins' column in the current RoadRacing World magazine, where he talks about his interaction with Mladin at Sepang when the Suzuki AMA racers practiced with the GP team. Sounds like a total ****head! Of course, that is just one person's perspective, but it matches what I hear from others.

I think we have gotten spoiled by the large number of top riders who also have charm and charisma, and who seem to be good sportsmen and truely good human beings -- guys such as any of the Haydens or Bostroms, Rossi, Colin and Troy come immediately to mind.

Then you have the guys who, at least as perceived publicly, come across as arrogant whiners and/or just plain pricks. I'd personally add a couple of Roberts brothers to your list.

These guys all may be personally great guys, but if so, they need to hire a PR consultant. Their public image is limiting their professional options. If you were putting up your money for a race team, would you rather hire someone who, while fast, publically bad-mouthed his team, the sponsors and suppliers, as well as the competition, or would you rather hire someone like Nicky or Eric?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I think you hit on the reason why Rossi and Hayden are so popular- they really are the people's champions, unlike riders like Mladin and Biaggi (yes, I know he isn't a champion right now).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Joe_Momma/Damien

Nice to meet you here! Some of the discussions here get heated, but some of $hit on motogp.com is totally out of control!

Regards

Bob

BTW, I agree that most of the recent dumping on KRJR is totally out of line!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Mladin KPaul's hero....He is just misunderstood.

The guy is stud. The way he handled that blowout was awesome. Mladin and Baylis are my two favorite riders. I love Mladin sarcastic responses at Sears Point. You all say you hate political correctness but here is a guy who is doesn't care about political correctness and you hate em Let face it if it wasn't for Mladin and others *****ing about the rules we still be watching 1000cc V-Twins dominate the 750 inline 4s .

As Al Davis used to say "Just win baby Just win "

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.