Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Fenton I need to get a kname for you.. Fenton is town in England etc. Nothing sticks yet.. Buz is kjester..

·
Registered
285 Posts
I'm going home for the evening... Now you boys play nice, or I'm not going to let you play together anymore....

Rob

·
Registered
512 Posts
I have a different problem.

I do enjoy reading the different point of view articles in MO.

However, I do have a problem with how slow you guys are to post articles. At times you go more then a week without a single new article.

If you average out a single article per week that's only 4 articles a month. The monthly bike mags I susbscribe to come out with way more then 4 articles a month.

Not to mention many times the printed magazines seem to come out with articles on new bikes before you guys do. And the other free on-line mags just get up and walk away from you guys with article count.

So, bottom line, if you want me to renew my subscription for another year, I had better see more new articles at a faster pace then I have been or SEE YA!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Look at our 2006 Index Page

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/2006_feat_indx.motml

One a week, eh?

September: 9 features

October: 13

November: 7

December: 7

January 07: 12 features (3 were shootouts!), and we had a similar amount on track for February, but then we had to transition to new servers, which is why the Ducati story stayed up so long, and we are sorry about that...

We beat the print mags with the ZX-6R story, the Victory Vision, Aprilia SXV/RXV, CBR600RR and R1. It's possible we have missed one or two intro stories, but keep in mind that the OEMs do not invite ANY Internet magazine to overseas intros anymore. The online mags that do have these reports buy them from freelancers, who give them the exact content they generate for other online mags and print mags, but with a changed first or second paragraph. Is it that magazine's exclusive report? No. We like to run exclusive materiel, because we assume you don't want to pay for rehashed content you could read for free elsewhere.

Some free sites do post more content, but what kind of quality is it? Only one other site does shootouts, and they do them well, but we are currently about tied with them for amount of content posted monthly, and they have twice our staff.

So, the bottom line is that we post lots of fresh content, offer quality motorcycle journalism and are independent from a big media conglomerate or e-commerce site. With a staff of three, that's a lot, and it costs you less then what The Wife spends on Peet's coffee in a week.

I mean jeez, was Hemmingway not worth it because he didn't write as many books as Clive Cussler? Quality, not Quantity!

Thanks very much for your subscription and feedback.

Sincerely,

Gabe Ets-Hokin

Senior Editor

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
You know, your kname for me just doesn't work well - you should pick something more like "AirPigeon" or "AirChicken", or "ChikunHawk" or something. C'mon - use that giant brain and come up with something Kclever.............

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
ksparrow

ksparrow sorry the email from my kfans say ksparrow is good for you..... sparrows are kind on fly around never staying very long at any one spot. Kind of like you on MO you post a lot but your posts are shore.. Sorry ksparrow is it..

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Re: Look at our 2006 Index Page

Liie everyone else, I find some stuff intrinsically interesting, and other things that are interesting mainly for the kinds of comments that you can tell are bound to follow. I get the feeling that we are getting more news reports that spark a lot of interesting conversation, but less hard news of late. I love listening to this bunch of lunatics rant about things as much as the next guy, but we do need a little hard news once in a while to remind us that the subject is, in a general sort of way, motorcycles.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
If you cut off the Master's hand first, no need to snatch anything. You merely pick up the pebble from the ground.........

;^D

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: ksparrow

That's not very kclever.

More like kpathetic. You call yourself The GMP?

My KungFu can kick your KungFu's ASS.......

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Well, at least you're making an effort.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Re: Look at our 2006 Index Page

What are these "motorcycles" of which you speak?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.