Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Re: MO is (in)famous! Woohoo!

Take heart you loverly bunch of nuts. McLuhan posited that the "medium is the message." If pressed, the quarter-wits at The Onion would fawningly defer to his opinion and give MO the credit you merit. Diaper-wearing, anti-intellectuals that they are.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: MO Make the ONION. We're (in)famous! Woohoo!

Oh behave, they only mentioned your name in passing, grasp-at-straws-boy. What the hell is "the onion" anyway some lefty college boy clap-trap? If it was something like THE TACOMA NEWS TRIBUNE you could say you'd arrived. Put out the cee-gars and get back to work.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Re: MO is (in)famous! Woohoo!

If you hate "The Onion", you'll REALLY hate "Opinion Journal's - Best of the Web" daily feature. A running joke is "Life Imitates the Onion". Opinion Journal is the online companion to the Wall St. Journal. Read at your own risk. If annoyed, I'm delighted.

·
Registered
334 Posts
The cee-gars stay lit!

You wear your ignorance like a giant scarlet "I" across your chest! The Onion is an icon of the internet. Occupying the same satirical pantheon as SNL and Mad Magazine. Get thee some edumacation, fooooh!

·
Registered
175 Posts

Ahh, the ONION, begun some I don't know how many years ago by some kids at the University of Wisconsin who thought it'd be funny to make fun of everyone and everything. I've been reading it since I was in high school, but back then I think it was still just in Madison, and maybe Milwaukee. One of my first years in college everyone and their moms had the "BEER, IT KICKS ASS!!!" article posted on their door. Anyway it wasn't that long ago that they moved to New York and became a nationwide publication. Pretty amazing success story really.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts

What, 80% of your discourse doesn't take place in online product reviews?!?! I know mine does. Here exclusively of course, being how there's nothing else worth discussing on the 'net.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: The cee-gars stay lit!

This is too weird. I still have an entire year's issues of NatLamp from 1972, when they were still funny.

Same magazines...same air/oil-cooled engines.... do you own any Rugers by chance?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: The cee-gars stay lit!

I have a 1918 short magazine Lee-Enfield mk111 with original brass butt plate and cleaning kit, and I had a S&W model 59 9mm, I want a Ruger Blackhawk, but my wife and I aren't comfortable having pistola's around with little kids. Also the area I live (rural Pierce county, east of Tacoma) is growing pretty quickly so alot of the places we used to go shooting are closed off now, We used to buy junk TV's for $10. and nail 'em at about 200 yards with my .303, tons 'o' fun !!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.