Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Somebody step up!

It will be a shame if this bike is missing from the comparo as it really sounds like this bike is Triumph's ticket to the big show!

Even as not much of a Triumph fan & someone who doesn't really "get" the appeal of the I-3 engine this bike is gorgeous and very exciting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know they're out there. Got to see one in the flesh on Sunday at Alice's. ANd the owners verdict was(of course what else would he say) that everything about the bike works so well and it handled beautifully. It WAS a looker though, I have to admit. Very cool lines. Can't wait to hear that triple at full honk!!!

·
Registered
57 Posts
From the people who tried to shame us for clinging to our $11.94 worth of fuel in lieu of an MO subscription...really fellas, could you not just ante up the dough to purchase a machine either from a dealer or privately?

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
You guy could buy one, then when you are done with it you could hold a raffle to give one of us MoFo's a chance to win it.

I know I'd pony up several bucks to buy several tickets to that raffle.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Well sure they (or you or I could buy - as in pay - for one). But you wouldn't see it for months. As an avid Triumph fan (my uncle raced them back when Daytona was on the beach), I've followed these bikes closely. The waiting list has been effect for months - well prior to release. The first bikes just hit this month (not even all dealers have one yet). And the ones that are arriving are spoken for. I haven't checked the list recently (for a while you could actually see everyone's name on the Triumph site who had ordered one), but I would guess that if you walked into a dealer you wouldn't actually get one until June or so. That said, I do know some shady dealers who put in false names just to get them delivered, presuming they could sell them easily - maybe you can come across one of those.

I would love to see this bike in the shootout. I know a few people who pre-ordered - I'll pass along this offer.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
You can't rent one. I can't even get a demo ride on one. Just about everyone that is being delivered in the near future is spoken for. Although, there are supposedly some demos somewhere. I think mostly in the Triumph travelling demo truck that hits dealers occasionally.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Buzz, just do it. If you don't want to keep it, sell it to KP. Rumor has it that he's got money coming out of his a$$. He can use it a Freddie's school.

On that bike, he might even be able to lap a few of those flying pigs.

·
Registered
489 Posts
As mheyer points out, yes, I would just buy one and flip it -- I've bought several dirtbikes from OEMs to eventually start off-road content in MO -- but we can't get one immediately. The shady dealer tip might prove usefull, though, we'll call around...

--Ashley

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.