Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a chronic MO thread watcher and very occasional poster (not that anybody gives a damn). I know MO 2.0 has been more focused on motorcycle-only content and even Seruzawa is threatening to put the Axe on certain threads. I think we need a thread where we can post and talk about bizzaro world subjects like freakin' aliens, healthcare, favorite beers, Hillary, weather, baseball, BMW's (snicker), torts, or just whatever.

I know lots of threads go off on tangents and those are often very valuable conversations, but how about a place for MO'ers to come to post random thoughts? I'd start an I Miss Schizuki Thread, or I'm Currently Watching Black Rain and the Irony of a Young Michael Douglas Riding an XLCR is Not Lost on Me Thread (which, by the way, is happening right now and is blowing my mind!!!!...although I don't know if he was on steroids at the time). How about a Cheesebeast just types shyt and we all laugh thread? Let's make this happen and we can all p!ss and moan about whatever. Armalite? Detroit? Virginia v. Moore? The amazing-ness of Pinella? See, even I can't stop...

Maybe I'm full of it. I don't know. You guys decide.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
A couple of other sites I view have the off-topic thread. It seems to be a popular thing. The only issue I'd have is if the Mods started saying stuff like: "take that crap to the off-topic thread!" You should be able to rant where you feel like it.

While we're at it: Can MO PULL-EEEZE put a flag up at login to note new mail?

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
It's kind of what the MO lounge is for. It seems to be the place for anything that comes to mind. Movie quotes, political rants, general b!tching, grooming and fashion tips, etc...

Have at it!

Oh, and the Young Michael Douglas was only on steroids when he would do any filming in the Seattle area.

And Seruzawa putting an ax to a posting is mostly tongue-in-cheek. Kind of an inside joke for us Mods.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
It's kind of what the MO lounge is for. It seems to be the place for anything that comes to mind. Movie quotes, political rants, general b!tching, grooming and fashion tips, etc...

Have at it!

Oh, and the Young Michael Douglas was only on steroids when he would do any filming in the Seattle area.

And Seruzawa putting an ax to a posting is mostly tongue-in-cheek. Kind of an inside joke for us Mods.
Be that as it may my delete finger was twitching over Ken's gross comments about the guy with the broken arm selling his Trumpet. Sometimes the joking gets even meaner than I can stand. My distaste for censorship ruled the day but had the guy complained Ken would have been for the bit bucket.

Longride and Sachi almost got it a couple of days ago. Maybe we need a special place where those two can go at it. Maybe we should buy them some dueling pistols.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Oh go find something, or somebody, to shoot, will ya? There is nothing wrong with the discussion we were having. I think we need a special place for crabby old guys that suddenly feel the need to moderate. Sheesh.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
Mr's Triple has a valid point. The place has gotten boring. Now any off-topic post, or joke is now threatened with deletion. Boy isn't that just going to liven the place up. Maybe we can all listen to the crickets chirp for fun and entertainment.

·
The Toad
17,451 Posts
When did I ever censor you or anyone else except the odd spammer?

Never mind. You 'win'.

·
Super Duper Mod Man
10,479 Posts
You never did censor me, and I never said you did. You just threatened that you were going to do it about two posts up,and it wasn't the first time you said it. Not sure what THAT was all about. Maybe it was a joke. I don't know. If it wasn't, then I'd say there has been a severe shift in attitude here. Maybe I missed it.

·
Registered
274 Posts
My finger is hanging over the delete button right now pal, and it's quivering. :)
Have you tried Red Bull too?

It tastes like mildly carbonated dirt but it contains caffeine and if it has caffeine in it then it can't be all bad. I would eat caffeinated dirt if it came down to it. I would eat it and then go back for seconds, even though the grit is rough on my teeth. I would then wash the dirt down with another Red Bull or Four. They only seem to sell it in four packs, which is because of communists. I don't know how or why it just is.

Caffeine makes my finger quiver too.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.