Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Ah! I can't wait until I see the product review for the 100th anniversary HD server that MO is installing. Man that badge must look so cool ;-)

I heard its all black with chrome buttons, and when the hard drive goes it sounds just like a Pan head.

By the way, hows the 100th Aniversary Triumph mouse pad working?

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Re: Um

No, that would be the change in IP addresses for our servers. Most people didn't notice the change, because their Internet providers had real-time DNS server updating. If your provider doesn's have access to a fast DNS server, it will probably take them a day or three to notice the change in our IP addresses.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Youz screwed up...

Your TTL is set way way way too long on the entry for www.motorcycle.com

;; QUESTION SECTION:

;www.motorcycle.com. IN A

;; ANSWER SECTION:

www.motorcycle.com. 76847 IN CNAME motorcycle.com.

motorcycle.com. 76847 IN A 208.179.57.123

The cname should have a long ttl, but the lookup for motorcycle.com (the result of the cname) should have a much shorter TTL, rather than the day+ ttl. It has NOT propigated the change to ICSI (and to my cable-modem at home) as a result of the very long TTL setting for motorcycle.com

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: Youz screwed up...

Yes, every time you make and changes in DNS at all, first lower the TTL on your zone for about a week prior to the move. That way it tells all of the downstream dns servers to look for updates more frequently, and your members will experience less disruption.

The bill is in the mail... ;)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Re: Youz screwed up...

Wow, we changed the Internic record (and the TTL to 30m20s) a month ago, and you're still polling the old IP address!? ns1 (not DNS1 anymore) is 64.70.35.152, actually it's been 23days now.

Something's screwy at your university. Maybe a heavily caching DNS system? Can you ask your tech what's up and let us know if there's any way to bust the cache on caching DNS?

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I couldn't get on MO for 5 days, this caused me mental duress, repeated checks of my LAN settings, loss of earnings and whatever else I can thik of..... plus 5 days worth of the pro-rated subscription cost.

All in all you owe me $ 486,981.42 I'll accept certified checks in the full amount to my residence, which you have on file..........Thank you

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yo MOhomies!

I've had hell trying to get to your site. I've purged cookies and all that sort of stuff and still this AM I couldn't access the website at all. This is with IE 6. I have Comcast Broadband. No other website causes trouble like this. Stop blaming your customers. 12 lashes with whole wheat spaghetti.

I also had constant trouble from the server at work, once again with IE 6.

So I downloaded and installed Mozilla and like magic MO runs like greased lightening. However most people use IE and you are losing new customers. People can't check MO out and subscribe if they can't access it.

There has always been a bit of reluctance for MO to come up, at least compared to many other sites. Since your migration it's been worse.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.