Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
MO,

while the comparison is good, the bikes are all mixed up:

Sprint ST, VFR, Ducati ST and the Futura fall under the beginner/sports-tourer category - chain drive, more sports oriented etc. They are like 600s to the litre class.

R1150RT or the K1200GT, FJR1300, ST1300, Triumph Trophy, Councours fall under the litre class of Sports-touring.

Granted, like the Kawi-ZX6R kicking the butts of 750s, some of the baby STs are comparable to their big brothers. But, one has to get their class compared first, take the winner & then take it & measure it against the big-brothers. - just like you did with the R6 couple of years back.

Oh, it is not about HP pissing contest in the ST category. It is more about all day comfort while racking up 700-1000miles a day, ergos, engine vibrations & buzziness, two-up comfort, handling when we hit the twisties (two-up), brakes, maintenance, reliability, wind buffeting & so on. It is not about dragging your knee on the track - but the bikes should be capable of doing it, when the owner desires so (the jekyl-hyde personality of STs).

Ignoring the ST1300 because it has fewer HPs to the FJR shows a lack of understanding of the segment (and grouping the Futura & Duc ST with the FJR proves it).

MO, don't know how much Yamaha is paying you, but camparos like this are useless...

·
Registered
34 Posts
JB,

there is no review or first ride of the r1150rt on MO that I could find... with the k12kRS review, you mentioned that you will be testing it with others in the same category, but I understand that you have made up your mind that the FJR is the best in the bunch...

so you took a GSXR1k to the 600 shootout, without the kawi-zx6r (VFR in this case) and then concluded it to be the winner :)? great...

what's next? Naked bike shootout with bandit 600/sv-650, speed-4, ducati baby monster, zx-7 & the FZ-1/Tuono-R (note that I didn't mention the Honda cb750 since 'you won't get it')?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.