Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
I rode my Sprint ST from Houston to Wilmington, NC and back this past January. Besides being cold, I remained comfortable the whole way. I took backroads up to Texarkana and then backroads all the way across Arkansas, Tennesse, and North Carolina. I especially enjoyed the Lookout Mountain area. I used the hard top-mount box and soft saddlebags and tankbag. All the extra luggage dropped me about 8 mpg in fuel mileage.

My wife rides on the back sometimes and says it's comfortable, especially with the top-box on the back. Triumph sells a back pad to place on it. This way your passenger has something to lean back on. For my wife, it provides both comfort and confidence that she ain't gonna fall off the back.

Anyway, good article. The Triumph has seemed to be the perfect compromise for me, especially when money is an issue. But I have never felt like the bike has let me down in any department. And though I enjoy riding twisty badkroads with my friends, I always feel as though I have to work harder. Reading your article has me thinking about the Futura. It seems to do everything the Triumph does, but does better in the twisties. Maybe it's time for a new bike.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.