Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, not a lot of response on this here dirt bike subject. Too bad, I would have thought lots of you MOrons out there own a dirt bike.

C'mon, fess up, who owns a dirt bike, and what kind is it?

Personally, I'm going to sign up for the attacking jumps deal. In the past, the only way I'd attack a jump was with a D9, but WTF. Compress a few vertebrae.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Not much of a confession, but

I have a ktm 950. I have no clue how to ride it anywhere but on the street. logging roads are the best i can do. it does get a lot of attention tho. the real dirt bike guys are suspicious of anything that big that looks like a dirt bike. they ask me incriminating questions like, "how many times have you picked that thing up by yourself?"

i just kick the ground, look down and mutter something unintelligible. so far so good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Absolutely a gut-buster! I love funny videos with bikes as the main theme. I have only seen one Crusty Demons of Dirt, and it seemed pretty funny at parts. I love the videos from the guys at FastBikes. "More deathstyle than lifestyle."

Anyone know of any vids worth buying?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Gee, my only experience with dirtbiking has been accidental. I was in north Carolina and a perfectly marked state highway turned into a dirt road. So it became a choice, a few miles on dirt or fifty miles on pavement. The VFR handled it better than I did. As for the slightly used thong, who slightly used it? If it was E-Bass, no way. If it was Ashley, send it over.

Vlad

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Well, at least now we know what Sean and Ebass do with our 12 clams. They're making a pilot for a new reality based show. Something about dirtbikes, thongs and LSD.

It'll make a good replacement for 60 Minutes II.

Ebass, in a black mask, is much more entertaining than Dan Rather.

·
Registered
17 Posts
OK, I admit it I own a couple dirt bikes. Please don't tell my mother. I have an '03 YZ450F and an '03 WR250F. Both are great bikes. I ride the 450 a lot more because there is a motocross track 1/2 hour away and trail s are few and far between in central CT. After riding dirt I don't have much interest in street riding because I can wring out a dirt bike a lot more safely on the track than I can my R1 on the street. Although with a YZ450 I must say I'm still only barely tapping into it's motor's potential but it sure is fun trying.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: Not much of a confession, but

KTM kicks ass. Is that the V-twin? Didn't the KTM team use that bike in Paris to Dakar last year?

Get some better suspension and hit those whoops! Sounds like it'd be a great desert bike, for us here on the left coast.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to last year folks. (maybe someone still finds that disturbing video slightly amusing)

Is it too much to ask that MO actually give us street riders some REAL tips on dirt riding? I've never ridden on the dirt and I'm sure there is something else besides using the rear brake that I don't know.

·
Registered
730 Posts
yes I enjoyed that story and being greedy would like more......a shootout between the various 4stroke 250's would be neat........or a 250 4stroke vs 125 2 stroke........or 450 4 stroke vs 250 2 stroke......or a dirt bike adventure story....or a dirtbike school story......or.......or,,,,,,.I know this is mostly a streetbike site but 2or 3 dirt oriented stories a year would be nice. By the way Ill reup for 12 bucks even if you dont do dirt.

·
Registered
730 Posts
oh...and some playbike and kids entry level reviews and hopped up minis......im getting carried away. I kn ow there are dirt only magazines but quite frankly i find them shills for the manufacturers;your streetbike review style applied to the dirt segment would be refreshing. By the way if you need a reviewer who is a poor rider who doesnt jump AND poor writer I would be glad to fly out on my own nickel. Not sure what value a fat 52 year old novice who rides 30 year old MX bikes would add but I...... WOULD have fun and im free.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.