Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Ken, it is clear that your problem with wind buffeting is because you are taller than you need to be.

You need to do something about the underlying problem instead of trying to treat the symptoms. On the other hand, you could simply wait for twenty years and let nature's little handmaiden (osteoporosis) lop off a few excess inches, bringing your torso down into the turbulence free zone.

I hope this helps.

I wish I had been able to meet some Mofos at Daytona this year. I had the kids with me (ages 2.5 and 7) for a good part of the time. My son (2.5) made quite the scene in the Suzuki tent. He climbed aboard a 50cc dirt bike and I had to eventually pry him off it. I had him by the ankles and he was holding on for dear life to the handgrips. He was yelling: "I WANNNTTT". He finally let go after dragging the bike backwards a few feet.

When I got him out of that tent he noticed that Yamaha and Honda both had similar products. This caused him to lunge towards them, wrenching my back (for the fiftieth time that "vacation").

In the end it was nothing a tall glass of gin at the end of the day (for me, mind you) didn't fix. I discovered that my daughter prefers Yamaha products, my son prefers Suzuki, and my wife likes Triumphs. She even made a few noises about buying a Kawasaki 250 Ninja- the new one that MO recently reviewed.

Personally I was disappointed by the lack of KTM and Husqvarna products- were they represented and I missed them?

As for the weather, that tornado watch wasn't much fun. It put me back to the "good old days" in Texas.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I avoid any problems with turbulence by riding a naked bike. I've tried fairings and no matter what, that boundary layer hammered my helmet. Feh.
That's about the size of it. A few windshield/fairing combos that I've tried work very well, like the one one the R-RT BMW or the c*ckpit fairing on the Bandit, the rest just make noise or turbulance. I prefer to just bundle up and enjoy the breeze.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.