Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Mofos.

I have taken my wife's Yamaha XT225 as my own. I have named it Molly and I live to flog her (the bike). It has no power. It has lousy brakes that make entertaining Screeeeeeching sounds when you attempt to stop. It is cold blooded and sometimes it won't start.

No less than three times in the last week police have flashed their lights at me to slow down. I shall not slow down, as momentum is precious. It must be maintained at all costs and limits be DAMNED. I am incapable of riding it at the speed limit anyway. Floglicious!

I don't ride it on the highway as I am mildly insane, not suicidal.

Molly returns maximum value upon the dollar. I was not kind and it still returned an honest 75mpg. I even went wild and crazy and paid the extra twenty cents and filled it with premium! Spare no expense!

Now that I have found happiness with ?15? horsepower what is next? I enjoy shifting through four gears to get through an intersection. I like it when the grass in the backyard gets slick with dew as that makes it easier to donuts on Molly.

I sometimes even let my wife ride her bike.

In conclusion I had forgotten the old adage that it is more fun to ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow. I had forgotten how much fun moto-minimalism could be.

Shun me if you must...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
That's why I use to race a stock DT2 Yamaha Enduro in vintage MX races. Most of the "trick" bikes like Maicos, CZs, Huskys and stuff would blow up by the 4th lap, and I'd cruise to a good finish, usually in the top 5. They hated it when I'd beep the horn as I went sailing by. Yes, slow bikes are the best.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cuddy, was the DT2 a two stroke?

Some sneaky bastard stole the kickshifter off of the XT225 and left a little rubber plug behind. It even says "Kick shifter" on the case where it used to be.

The bike does have an anemic little red button that barely does anything no matter how hard you kick it. I think I should retrofit the bike with a kickstart. In case the battery runs low and a moose roars out of the underbrush looking for rough mooselove.

One has to consider these things when you live in the woods.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yo Sarnali, that was a great video. They look like they would fit into Boston proper, but they are a [gasp] west coast group (??).

The Dropkick Murphys are a fun local band from this side o'the country.

As an aside I was looking through the photos that Fonzie took when they went on their recent MotoGP boondoggle and I was shocked by what I saw. It was a picture of a menu and on it were prices for beer. Some heathen bastards wanted $6.50 for a pint (and it better be 20 goddamn ounces!) of Guinness.

I admit I am a bit behind the times but what in the WILD WORLD OF SPORTS is going on over there in California???? $6.50? I would have stroked out right there and then. Perhaps that is why the menu was laminated? To ward off blood stains? Agggggh.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Zod is pleased.

Ahhh. Another convert to my wisdom. Another Terran worthy of my rule.

Zod also enjoys ripping through the neighborhood on his wife's Yamaha 125 scooter all the while laughing like a Canopan Hyena-lizard. No one laughs at Zod. They don't wish to be vaporized.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Zod would make a great name for a cleaning product in case your political career doesn't take off.

Behold the power of ZOD! Grape juice, the blood stains of mortal enemies, shame, and even the acrid stench of failure are all washed away by ZOD!

Available at fine retailers throughout the tri-county area.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Zod would make a great name for a cleaning product in case your political career doesn't take off.

Behold the power of ZOD! Grape juice, the blood stains of mortal enemies, shame, and even the acrid stench of failure are all washed away by ZOD!

Available at fine retailers throughout the tri-county area.
You laugh now, worm. You won't be laughing when President-for-Life Zod opens the neutron mines on Ganymede.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Yo Sarnali, that was a great video. They look like they would fit into Boston proper, but they are a [gasp] west coast group (??).

The Dropkick Murphys are a fun local band from this side o'the country.

As an aside I was looking through the photos that Fonzie took when they went on their recent MotoGP boondoggle and I was shocked by what I saw. It was a picture of a menu and on it were prices for beer. Some heathen bastards wanted $6.50 for a pint (and it better be 20 goddamn ounces!) of Guinness.

I admit I am a bit behind the times but what in the WILD WORLD OF SPORTS is going on over there in California???? $6.50? I would have stroked out right there and then. Perhaps that is why the menu was laminated? To ward off blood stains? Agggggh.
$6.50? Thats a bargin! One of the reasons I quit drinking, cant afford it.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
"Cuddy, was the DT2 a two stroke?"

It's the one directly to your left. That was '05 and I came in fifth (out of about 25 bikes). I would have been in 2nd place behind a Rickman Montesa, but some jerk on a new YZ450 Yamaha "enduro" stuffed me into a berm right before the finish line (they ran the modern dual sport class and vintage together that year). I was truckin'

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
You know what's odd there Mr. BAR, your magazines fit right in an FN49 with little modificaiton. Just squish 'em in a vice a little, and stick the follower from the stock mag in it, bend the tabs over and a 10 more round capacity is yours!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Couple years back I fixed up a buddies 69 yamaha 125 2 cyl 2 smoke. That tiny thing was so much fun to fog the neighborhood on, though with the 40 year old tires I kept it easy in the corners. That and my Monsterness mixed with the smoke make it look like I was levitating down the road. May have to get that thing back from him, I believe he parked it again and is once again letting it rot.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
You know what's odd there Mr. BAR, your magazines fit right in an FN49 with little modificaiton. Just squish 'em in a vice a little, and stick the follower from the stock mag in it, bend the tabs over and a 10 more round capacity is yours!
You're saying the FN49 30 round mags fit into the BAR, right? Hmm, I didn't know that. I might have changed my purchase seven years ago when I opted for the Browning 1919 instead of the BAR. My rational on the 1919 over the BAR was; Hell, I'm already spending $2500 on something completely impractical, might as well give myself unlimited firing capacity with the 1919 links.

I was kind of hung up on the fact that the BAR only had 20 round mags with quality mags hard to come by...at the time.

I am finally beginning to ship my..."collection"....from AZ to PA. For the past 4 years I have had to make due with only a Glock 9mm, Taurus .357 revolver, and a Kahr p9. The horror....the horror...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
No, the FN49 came in 30.06, 8mm Mauser and 7mm Argentine. Had a fixed 10 round mag, loaded with stripper clips. But a 20 round BAR mag fit in perfect, even the little notch on the back of the mag lined up with something in the 49's receiver, and it worked! Made the rifle look like a M14. Of course you had to squish it down in a vice, and fiddle with the ears that go over the follower, but if you are handy that way it works great.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Howdy Cuddy,
I like the bronze/orange color of that Yamaha. Did that shade of orange survive the '70s? It looks sharp to my aging eyes.

I would have to grow sideburns if I had one of those, though. It is all about the sideburns.

As an aside you seem to have a good collection of Dieudonne Saive (sp?) designed firearms. I have done good work with the FN FAL, but being a jingoistic type I am required to say I prefer the M14. Do you have R. Blake Stevens book on the Hi Power? If you do not let me know and I will shoot you my copy of it. I sold my last Hi Power years ago. I never could get the quality of trigger pulls out of them that I wanted.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Cheesemeister,

Yes, the Herstal Belgique Nacional factory put out some darn good stuff, I have an occupation P35 that is pretty sweet, the Nazis had the magazine disconnect removed, so you can fire it without the mag being in. I also have a Argentine copy called the "FM" for Fabrique Military, has a 21 round mag that sticks out about an inch from the grip. Since I'm use to rotten trigger pulls (Colt Pocket Automatic in .380 & .32) I can get some decent groups at 25 yards out of the "FM". The Nazi varient is hidden, since the proof marks can get you incarcerated here in Kali. Funny how bikes and guns kinda go together, isn't it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.