Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Howdy Cuddy,

I had no idea that the proofmarks could be a problem. How sublime. Getting rid of that magazine safety was logical on the Krauts part, though. I did the same thing on mine.

You ever shot a Radom? They are neat pistols and are my second favorite thing that Poland produced (potato vodka FTMFW!)

I have handled all sorts of "bring backs" over the years. I haven't owned many kraut weapons, but I was sorely tempted by a MP44 that was amnesty registered. It had been picked up in France not long after DDay and it found its way back to the US. The GI in question had sent it to his kid brother with a note that essentially said "have fun with it- I know you can't get ammunition for it!" Ah well, that was a fish that got away.

Too many guns, too many motorcycles, too little money. Guns and bikes do indeed go together.

I wonder what Freud would ride?

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
QUOTE "I wonder what Freud would ride?"

That's easy: An Electra-Glide, and he'd refer to it as 'His Little Girl'

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
HEY!

I just noticed my tag has gone from 'Premium' to 'Regular'. Am I dink on my dues or something?

That being said, is there any practical difference?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
El Cheezo:

"have handled all sorts of "bring backs" over the years. I haven't owned many kraut weapons, but I was sorely tempted by a MP44 that was amnesty registered. It had been picked up in France not long after DDay and it found its way back to the US."

That was the "first" assault weapon that used the 8mm "kurtz" ammo, or 8mm short. Nasty weapon with an equally nasty round, like the SKS/AK round that was derived from the 7.62x54.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Nah. Someone slipped in a thicker head gasket on your membership engine, and the regular is a bit cheaper than premium.
Mine Bzipt too.

Gets 25 posts to the Gallon now - with no Pinging!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I foolishly added up the time and expense it would have taken to actually shoot the thing and passed on it. Case forming for an automatic weapon? No thanks. Naturally, not long after that a company in one of the pieces of Yugoslavia decided they would make some ammunition for it.

Ah well. Frankly there are more "responsible" things I should be doing with that much money. Being an adult blows mucho chunks!

I will be having my daily tantrum in the corner if anyone needs anything.

Except Odd Zod. He can fetch his own damn club soda for once.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.