Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
So I'm wondering, is that an enlarged (and detuned, no doubt) Hayabusa engine, or a really bored-out Bandit 1200 type engine? Anyway, not really what I'm looking for, I've already got something like this, though more torque and power couldn't possibly hurt.

The FZ1 came close, I'll have to give one a test ride, but it could use a larger engine and a little more wind protection, maybe some optional lower wind deflectors.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For the torque, you understand. There's a limit to how much torque you can get out of an engine that size. Still, given its lighter weight, it should be quite adequate. Would have been even better if they'd kept the aluminum frame and kept weight down to R1 levels (or a little less, even). Power/weight ratio rules.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Damn straight! There are those of us who enjoy being able to see the engine on a bike - reminding us why these things are called MOTORcycles. Retro styled (like my ZRX) or not (like the Bandit 1200) I say bring on the new standards. I think of these somewhat heavy large displacements retros as competition for the cruisers, but more useful. Ditto the modern standards, as more usable competition for the sporty bikes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.