Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Entertainment - Judge sends wrestler's son to jail for 8 months for crash

I know it doesn't deal with a motorcycle, but what does everybody think about boy racer Nick Hogan (or whatever their last name is) hotrodding his (daddy's) Supra (or was it the Viper????) into a light pole, thereby maiming his "friend", just home from Iraq, I believe?

Many new/young riders ask us what a good first bike would be and we repeatedly try to steer them in the right direction. Too bad people don't do that with such fervor when it concerns new drivers' cars. I don't think the problem with cages and new drivers is only limited to the famous and/or rich either. Many parents put their kids in huge SUV's or let them get a Mustang. I think they do it with the best of intentions (keep them safe, make them happy, etc...). Here's the rub...who's constantly under the threat of legislation restricting CC's, HP, tiers, helmets, blah blah blah.

No flame war here, b/c we're on the same page, but any (ahem) older riders have to face this when putting teens behind the wheel? Same concerns come to mind?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The 87 Stanza is probably a good choice. That's what I'll put my imaginary kids in one day. Then again, my first car was one I inherited from my great grandparents. 92 Dodge Ram full size conversion van. V8, limo lights inside, curtains, tv, nintendo, vcr, rear bench that folded down with the touch of a button, built-in coolers...you get the picture. Imagine some 16 year old punk picking your daughter up in that thing. That was my life...ah, the Sin Bin. Good times.

As for "sports cars", I guess I'm the same as you Seruzawa, in that my dad instilled in me a love for the TR6. That was HIS first car so I love those old brit mobiles. Zero power compared to your typical uber sedans, but then again, I learned to drive a stick in a 914. Waaaay more fun than anything made today. The mindblowing expeience came when I was 8 in my dad's friend's Sunbeam Tiger. Wow.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.