Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Harley Davidson EPA Compliance

I believe that Harley has had no huge difficulties complying with EPA and EU environmental standards. At most, they might need to switch the remaining models to fuel injection, and possibly add cat converters (which they have used in Switzerland for at least 10 years, so the technology is well known).

I don't believe that there is any fundamental issue with the Harley engines that makes them especially difficult to clean up.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
So, I did a quick check of some of the other on-line e-zines to see how (or if) they covered the story.

Roadracing world posted the entire press release, with no additional commentary.

AMASuperbikes posted 2 sentences exerpted from the press release.

Motorcycle daily -- nothing.

Face it, very few magazines or newspapers do much more than this on ANY such stories, unless it is viewed as extremely interesting. Check out the Wall Street Journal and see how many of the articles about management changes are anything more than press releases or exerpts from press releases.

Of course, if MO would like to send me to Italy to get a first person interview with the principals, I would be happy to do so, but I doubt that they would consider this a good use of their budget.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.