Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Let me be the first to call BS. 50 motorcyclists" is probably more like 5 and he likely tried to murder one with his SUV while yakking on the cell phone and adjusting the DVD display. Of course he's going to claim to be completely innocent. They all do. The prisons of our country are entirely full innocent people. Just ask one.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hahaha Holy effin' fish story Batman! Honest, officer there were like... like forty... NO... FIFTY of 'em! I fought the first 20 off with my bare hands. Then I had to start beating them back by swinging my daughter like a club!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Hell, Sounds Like............

.........your typical Hawk Rally - once we get good'n likker'd-up. I wonder why I wasn't invited to this one? Usually, I have the honor of throwin' out the First Drunk. Unless that happens to be ME. Either way.........

The Honda HawkGT - Striking FEHR into the Hearts of Innocent Civilians since 1988.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
boils my bottom

"There have been two recent attacks in the St. Louis area involving drivers who were outnumbered by motorcycle riders."

this sort of hearsay-paraded-as-fact-journalism really gets under my skin. instead of attempting to recreate the situation in question, the news channel here has sided with sensationalism.

unfortunately, a) news stations are not there to provide us with correct information - they are businesses that have to sell advertising minutes to turn a profit, b) researching the entire story costs money/time, and c) often an explanation of the real/complete story would be less sensational (read: lucrative) than simply letting the audience entertain the thought of a bloodthirsty gang of 200 motorcyclists, hellbent on naked destruction, cruising down the highway.

fact is not always stranger than fiction.

...but i suppose, "as i was yelling at my daughter in the passenger seat, i drifted into the left lane and almost ran over one of them; they all then proceeded to flip me off as they rode by" wouldn't sell very much ad time, either.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Well then...

"There have been two recent attacks in the St. Louis area involving drivers who were outnumbered by motorcycle riders."

this sort of hearsay-paraded-as-fact-journalism really gets under my skin. instead of attempting to recreate the situation in question, the news channel here has sided with sensationalism.

unfortunately, a) news stations are not there to provide us with correct information - they are businesses that have to sell advertising minutes to turn a profit, b) researching the entire story costs money/time, and c) often an explanation of the real/complete story would be less sensational (read: lucrative) than simply letting the audience entertain the thought of a bloodthirsty gang of 200 motorcyclists, hellbent on naked destruction, cruising down the highway.

fact is not always stranger than fiction.

...but i suppose, "as i was yelling at my daughter in the passenger seat, i drifted into the left lane and almost ran over one of them; they all then proceeded to flip me off as they rode by" wouldn't sell very much ad time, either.
.... prepare to be boiled constantly. The media, expecially broadcast media, do this on every story. I could tell you a half dozen instances where a situation I knew about first hand was reported on and each was exaggerated beyond belief and several were simply lied about. This is why I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time. You learn nothing of value. I laugh when people say, "You've got to watch it to stay informed." Yeah right. Informed by lies and distortion. Manipulated by propaganda is more like it.

Expect more and more of these lies with demands that the govt "do something". The press is the govt's running dog.

·
Registered
10,904 Posts
.... prepare to be boiled constantly. The media, expecially broadcast media, do this on every story. I could tell you a half dozen instances where a situation I knew about first hand was reported on and each was exaggerated beyond belief and several were simply lied about. This is why I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time. You learn nothing of value. I laugh when people say, "You've got to watch it to stay informed." Yeah right. Informed by lies and distortion. Manipulated by propaganda is more like it.

Expect more and more of these lies with demands that the govt "do something". The press is the govt's running dog.
I'm in the land of "do something" right now. I'll run on up to Capitol Hill and bring this up. Maybe I'll bring a crying girl along for added effect.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Do me a favor...

I'm in the land of "do something" right now. I'll run on up to Capitol Hill and bring this up. Maybe I'll bring a crying girl along for added effect.
... fleece a few million for me. And if you do I promise I'll buy a new bike right away instead of annoying everyone with indecision like that Kenneth Moore guy.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
The fact that dad was totaly freaking out screaming in the phone didn't have anything to do with his daughter crying did it???

·
Registered
207 Posts
sad but true

"...I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time..."

i'm in agreement with your points. i get my news through text feeds and international german, english and arabic newspapers*. i have no television (not that there's anything on german television anyway).

it just bothers me when i come up for air, pop-culturally speaking, and see what sources people are getting their daily brain-scrubbing from.

*not much better than TV, but at least with the papers, you can focus on the text without anchorman/woman dramatics - and sans commercials.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
... fleece a few million for me. And if you do I promise I'll buy a new bike right away instead of annoying everyone with indecision like that Kenneth Moore guy.
I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I'M GOING TO TELL KDUKE YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ME AGAIN AND CHANGE MY LOGIN AND NOT SAY ANTHING EVER AGAIN EXCEPT STUFF THAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW CAUSE I THINK YOU NEED TO KNOW IT AND IF I DIDN'T TELL YOU WHO WOULD TELL YOU I'M GOING TO OPEN MY OWN WESITE YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Maybe they are zombie motorcyclists, rising from the dead to wreak vengeance on the witless cagers who killed them and got away with it by claiming that "I didn't see him".

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
For those that listened to the 9-1-1 call; I find it very telling that the Operator had to call this guy back, and he STILL would not tell in plain-English where he was, nor would he agree to meet with an Officer to formally file a complaint - might find out that this "unprovoked attack" - wasn't.

"Stop asking me questions, and DO something about this!"

Also, where he complained to her about a Police transport-bus passing him and not doing anything to pull-over 50 Motorcycles..........

Idiot.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU! I'M GOING TO TELL KDUKE YOU'RE BEING MEAN TO ME AGAIN AND CHANGE MY LOGIN AND NOT SAY ANTHING EVER AGAIN EXCEPT STUFF THAT YOU REALLY NEED TO KNOW CAUSE I THINK YOU NEED TO KNOW IT AND IF I DIDN'T TELL YOU WHO WOULD TELL YOU I'M GOING TO OPEN MY OWN WESITE YOU BASTARDS!!!!!!

"Be peaceful, be courteous, obey the law, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."
Shouldn't your sig read "Do all to none and let me be a circle-jerking Dink that's all for one".

Or whatever the hell his sig was.

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Shouldn't your sig read "Do all to none and let me be a circle-jerking Dink that's all for one".

Or whatever the hell his sig was.
His signature was:

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Jeezus, now you got him menopausing again....take a midol K-K-Ken...it's ok, really.....he didn't mean what he said, it just came out wrong, he still loves you, really...that whole thing with your sister was just a drunken one night panty-fling...she called and said to tell you she's really sorry and can she still borrow that $50. for tomorrow night....

1 - 20 of 59 Posts