Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
boils my bottom

"There have been two recent attacks in the St. Louis area involving drivers who were outnumbered by motorcycle riders."

this sort of hearsay-paraded-as-fact-journalism really gets under my skin. instead of attempting to recreate the situation in question, the news channel here has sided with sensationalism.

unfortunately, a) news stations are not there to provide us with correct information - they are businesses that have to sell advertising minutes to turn a profit, b) researching the entire story costs money/time, and c) often an explanation of the real/complete story would be less sensational (read: lucrative) than simply letting the audience entertain the thought of a bloodthirsty gang of 200 motorcyclists, hellbent on naked destruction, cruising down the highway.

fact is not always stranger than fiction.

...but i suppose, "as i was yelling at my daughter in the passenger seat, i drifted into the left lane and almost ran over one of them; they all then proceeded to flip me off as they rode by" wouldn't sell very much ad time, either.

·
Registered
207 Posts
sad but true

"...I quit watching the news over a decade ago. Watching it is a total waste of time..."

i'm in agreement with your points. i get my news through text feeds and international german, english and arabic newspapers*. i have no television (not that there's anything on german television anyway).

it just bothers me when i come up for air, pop-culturally speaking, and see what sources people are getting their daily brain-scrubbing from.

*not much better than TV, but at least with the papers, you can focus on the text without anchorman/woman dramatics - and sans commercials.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts