Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
How awful for his wife and child. A good friend's wife killed herself one year ago and to see him and his children go through that is a memory I won't soon forget.

Pray for his family.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Suicide, a permanent solution to a temporary problem, and the most selfish, cruel and cowardly way to go. They think nothing of what that will do to those who love and care for them, only of their own issues.

·
Registered
306 Posts
There's more to it than that...

I agree with your statement, but everybody feels down now and again. Moates' might have been suffering from a psychological condition that was a result of the pain from his past injuries, compounding his predicament.

That's why it's important for some people diagnosed with these conditions to stay on their medication because bad things can ensue if they don't. Don't be so quick to judge.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I'm too cowardly and selfish to kill myself, much to the chagrin of my family.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Cowardly? You try sticking a .44 to your head sometime.

When life gets too painfull, when it hurts to actually live, you can guess what's next.

That or let the shrinks lobotomize you with drugs.

I think it's the ultimate act of freedom.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: RIP

"What does it matter where you lay once you're dead? In a dirty sump or in a marble tower on top of a high hill? You were dead, you were sleeping the big sleep, you are not bothered by things like that, oil and water are the same as wind and air to you. You just slept the big sleep, not caring about the nastiness of how you died or where you fell."

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yes and they can lead to addiction. Many suffer from and find suicide the only relief from. Clearly I don't know a thing about his situation; but as is often the case the cure is worse than the cause.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.