Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WTF is this? This is a state Senator with WAY too much time on his hands. Why not do something productive, like preventing your virulent, evil anti-accelleration laws masquerading as clean-air policy spread like a leprous sore to the rest of the country?

--Foxy

·
Registered
203 Posts
The Big Picture

There's lot politicians and activists in this country who spend most of there time figuring out how to control other peoples lives with frivolous little laws. California, it seems, happens to have these kind of people in spades.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a nice place to visit, but who wants to live there, really? California seems to be the test ground for all the stupid laws in the United States, and how many of them really work like they are supposed to? Besides if they start trying to tracking all those old, stolen bikes, how are those parts guys going to make any money?

·
Registered
409 Posts
"Harley has fixed the problem" of only having the VIN on the engine cases? Yeah, over 30 or so years ago! Glad that Califorina legislature is on top of things!

Makes me glad to live in (snowy at the moment) Georgia!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Wait a minute

The article makes it sound like this is a good law. If I read it correctly, now you can register a Harley with a replacement motor in California when before, you couldn't.

This appears to be a repeal of a previous stupid California law.

That, as Martha Stewart would say, is a "good thing."

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Jezzuz Krist. WhoTF cares. Isn't there anything better to report?

When are you Califorinicators going to realize you have brought this all upon yourselves?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I agree that this might sound like a waste-of-time law, but that's no need to bag on Cali. This is a great state. Yes there's a lot of things wrong with the state, but hell there's alot of things wrong with the places any of you people live as well. But for pure MOTORCYLING pleasure there is no greater place to ride than Cali. And Georgia?? come on!! How can anyone be proud to live in Georgia?!?!

·
Registered
67 Posts
California is a fascinating place. We have every different type of riding available most of the year. We have fruitcake lawmakers, but fortunately most of the time the laws make sense in the correct context. Unless you tell the CHP that stops you that you think his wife is good in bed he will probably not ding you for something so ludicrous as where the vin is on your bike. Where else can you ride all year round, or go two hours and be one a world famous coastline or national park? More importantly, where else can you split lanes legally?

The only thing that really irritates me is the lousy emmissions laws that restict the bike so much. Really, I have seen beater pileocrap cars rolling down the road spewing oil and billowing blue toxic gasses, and I have to have restrictions on my bike that gets 40+ mpg and burns cleaner than 90% of the subrbanite gas hogs trying to run me over everyday as I commute to work. If 49 other states have no such problems, we must be doing this so the general public feels like we motorcyclists are not left out of the anti-smog restrictions. If we had the same resticions as everone else for motorcycles, what difference would it make? The smog would still be here.

More worrisome is the loss of offroad places to ride, which really is something to be concerned about.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The real problem in California is the number of lawyers per capita. A few years ago I read that here in Calif we had 1 lawyer for every 200 members of society. That's an astounding 0.5%. The Nation as a whole has 1 for every 1200 and worldwide, it was closer to 1 in 12,000. As always, the legislature makes the laws, but the legislature here is, you guessed it, primarily lawyers and former attorneys.

Will it ever change? I don't see that ever happenening without a cataclismic event.

Pray it doesn't infect your State.

·
Registered
409 Posts
It is really freaking easy to be proud of living in Georgia! Any place that wakes up and realizes how screwed up it was and then tries like hell to fix it is worth being proud of! On top of that we have TWO (Two Wheels Only), some of the best roads in the country (per the Federal DOT no less) and the ugliest (new) State Flag in the country (and no, I was not a fan of the last flag either)! We also have the distribution center for Triumph Motorcycles and one of the top Japanese manufacturer based dealerships (in Macon no less) in the country. What more can one ask for!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.