Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Faster than a speeding Nash Rambler, more powerful than a can of angry hamsters, the Motive gasoline powered wheelchair is the answer for all you crippled up ex-bikers who can't ride anymore.

Check out the road test at: Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

And yes, that's a Bell Star 120 in perfect shape. Seemed the appropriate helmet for such a fine machine.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Vroom-a Zoom-Zoom!

That thing looks like more fun than a sackful O' horny Chimpanzees!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Is that the Bell Star I almost bought for $50? Glad you kept it!

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
BTW: do you have to register the chair and get a plate and stuff?

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
That is freakin' COOL!

Can you damp the front casters so they don't flop around like a gurney?

When are you gonna post a video?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, and Morbo, yes that's the helmet (you can see why I kept it).

Some weenie outbit me for the fishtail exhaust pipes, so I'll have to find some other bizzare exhaust system to grace the Honda chair.

Oh, and when I see a cop, I just shut the motor off and start pushin' mysef' along there boss man.

When I got rid of that miserable Chicom carb, I swear it was like I gained five horsepower.

I'll post a video in a few days on the site. It's a lot of fun.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Matt- that was a great review. As I have a very dear buddy that is in the same boat I have to show him your wheels. He's got two chairs right now that are kind of parts chairs. I could imagine him building this. He's a gunsmith and has great mechanical skills.
Have all the fun. Does this mean you need race leathers for the Kart track now?

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Star Ride, dig that big Yammie motor, especially the way they put the crankcase together, quite a powerplant.

I've got another chair that might get a MUCH LARGER motor, I was thinking a flathead 45 off a servicycle. Get an auto clutch off a Cushman, a few feet of No.40 chain and presto, a nice sounding chair.

Get to shine up that nice old Brass Linkert too.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Sadie, I've got the V-Twin all shined up for instalation, no puny 70cc motor for my chair, no sir eeee....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts