Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
"The high-ish, flat bars are comfortable enough but combined with the low, dished-out saddle and strong pull from the engine make for a hellaciously painful lower back and arms after less than an hour, especially at freeway speeds where the stance pits you against the wind in a losing battle."

No thank you, not for me

·
Registered
61 Posts
New Breva sounds good

I went to a dealer the other day and tried out some of the California series. I just can't dig on the heel-and-toe shifter, and the sitting position just seems a bit off for the long-of-leg. That Breva 750 is a nice little piece, though, and I would seriously look at it for a touring bike when the new liter version comes out (any word on when that will be, exactly). With new shocks and hard bags, plus the new hydraulic lifters the California series has, it would be tough to beat ...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Bulletin From the White House

The British government has learned that Saddam Hussein recently sought significant quantities of Moto Guzzi Titaniums from Africa. Our intelligence sources tell us that he has attempted to purchase high strength aluminum tubes suitable for European cruiser production. Saddam Hussein has not credibly explained these activities. He clearly has much to hide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
How 'bout we have some cruiser reports from riders who like cruisers?!?

I personally don't want something to run 1000 miles an hour down the freeway. That's what sports cars are for. Sport bikes are for children.

I also don't check myself out in windows. I do like Cruising on a cruiser, but you put such a negative spin on it. It's like reading a story about how to please your woman, written by a homosexual. You might know how the parts work and have a lot of female friends who tell you stuff, but you have the motivation all wrong, and less than a clue about what these bikes are all about.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh yeh and all cruiser riders are such adults...

Yeh, succumbing to what amounts to an obsolete fashion cult, putting on a bandana and a leather vest, maintaining that "bad" facial expression, posing up and down the main street while putting on 3-400 miles a year is very, very mature.

Actually, I’ve got nothing against cruisers, even though they’re not my cup of tea and I don’t own a sportbike but my point is that there are "children" riding all types of bikes and it's a shame people generalize based on that fact...

·
Registered
107 Posts
Or at least could we have a vote from people with both bikes on which is more popular? I'm good for about 2-1/2 hours on the Valkyrie without a break, but about 45 minutes on the CBR1100XX before I have to stop. Raising the XX's clip-ons helped with the wrist pains, but the fact that my legs are folded almost in half bites, I can't move them anywhere (Valkyrie has highway pegs, so I can at least change positions); and the seat on the XX is punitive. I ride about 6000 miles a year, spread out over whichever bikes I own at the time. Do people really ride their sport bikes for 3-4 hours at a stretch? No pain from that?

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
And that makes cruiser riders different from sportbikers? Like riding a GSXR-1000 or a Ducati 998 on the city streets isn't about vanity?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Almost suffered cornea damage this weekend ...

... up at Neptunes net when two squids pulled up on their GSXR 1000 and 'Busa. I was practically blinded by the glare off their pristine chrome toe sliders. Not to mention the unblemished knee pucks and "fresh off the rack" leathers. Judging by the way they handled the bikes, I'm thinking first bikes for both these rich boys. Poseurs come in all stripes my friends.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Re: Moto Guzzi dealer problems

Moto Guzzi's have soul. They are also extremely reliable. Good thing too because its getting tough to find a dealer today for the little service/parts they require. A number of dealers have given up the franchise over the past year stating problems dealing with the revamped U.S. organization. They are also a tough sell and deep discounting on leftover models has compounded the problem. Its really a shame because the new bikes are better than ever. I would be tempted to buy another goose if I didn't have to travel out-of-state to have it serviced.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Your negative spin is a reviewer just giving facts.

Your statement about a homsexual describing how to please a woman is applicable ... to you and your understanding of motorcycles. Open your eyes, ride a sport bike, enjoy your cruiser, get dirty on a dirt bike, heck even ride a scooter around. You should do yourself a favor and expand your experiences with the world of motorcycles.

As far a cars being the only thing worth doing high speeds on, you realy need to sign up for a track day to experience what true speed is.

·
Registered
4 Posts
But if we got cruiser reviews from someone who actually liked cruisers it wouldn't be MOronic. Almost like we would be getting more than our $12 dollars worth.

Personally, sport bike riding postion puts too much compression on my 'nads; but if you're lacking anything substantial in that department I can see how it would be appealing...

(Asbestos shields up against the humor impaired - or those for whom that joke hits a little too close to home.)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.