Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
This lovely machine has been trailed in the European press for a while now. French mag Cafe Racer did a big photo spread on it a few issues ago. The Corsaro (it means 'buccaneer' or 'pirate')is the sporty version; there's a slightly more street-oriented version, too, called the nine-and-a-half ("9 1/2", for those who remember the "3 1/2" v-twin of the 70s). But, according to the British press, a recent press launch was spoiled by fuel-injection glitches in the demonstrator fleet; hopefully these will be ironed out before production models go on sale.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Back when I was riding Yamaha RDs, I regretted not ever buying a Morini three ana half. I got all excited when I heard about these new bikes but it turned out to be a Suzuki with a Yamaha exhaust. Recycled name, parts and style. Oh Baby!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The engine was designed in-house and is not a Suzuki. They call it the "Bialbero CorsaCorta" and it has a whopping 107mm bore! Maybe you were thinking of the stillborn Laverda V-twin.

As for style it might be derivative but it sure is a nice example.

·
Registered
514 Posts
One of the guys rode his Moto Morini 3 1/2 on a group ride I was on last weekend.. those bikes have aged well & still look great, got a ton of attention at several stops.... but man there's been a lot of progress in motorcycle suspensions since then!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Re: Forget This....check out the New Buells!!

carefull. the ulysses does look intriguing, but as a friend of a buell owner 2 times over, they are not reliable. and i like the styling. it is original. but they're still not as good as the jap competition and you'll never know when you're going to have a problem w/ it. there's no way this thing beats out a VStrom, GS, or KTM.

·
Registered
54 Posts

Buells are great bikes ... with lots of personality. I have a xb12s, it's agile, has great torque, I love the handling but the mirrors are useless, it is very hard to drive at 25 mph and reliability is questionable. I also eats a new rear tire every 1500 miles or so but I love it.

Not a practical bike.

·
Registered
328 Posts

As a Buell owner two times over, I can say that my experience has been nothing like your friend's. I've been very happy with my latest, an '04 XB12R. I can't wait to throw a leg over a Ulysses demo!

·
Registered
780 Posts
You can always babelfish it...

resulting in: "Not I know you, but, perhaps by now po' desensibilizzato and rendered cynical from some year of journalism, when I read or I feel of some entrepreneur that he repurchases an historical brand in order to throw again it or similar, in the best one of the cases I do not take seriously sure announcements too much. The thought flies endured to passed operations of recent ended, as they say, in Gloria, leaving the bitter in mouth to gets passionate to you, upgrades them customers (or, worse, customers frigates...) and assigned to the jobs. I do not hide."

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.