Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very cool for a personal website. It reads as if you have a pretty good handle on what it takes to make a trip successful and pleasant. I hope to tour Europe in a year or so, and I will be watching your site for current information.

·
Registered
203 Posts
On a related topic, have many people ridden down through South America? Having recently become a "man of leisure" - i.e. jobless. I'm thinking of riding down through south america, either on my GS or selling that and taking a lighter and more inconspicuous trail bike bought in Mexico (No cal plates)

Anyone have any experience of this or know of good information resources? Any info would be welcome....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go ahead! You will find that the vast majority of people are friendly. Especially if you go with an open attitude and interested in the cultures you pass through.

First: take a good spanish class. Although there are people who speak english around, they will really appreciate that you took the time to learn spanish.

You will also find most of the facilities in the cities equivalent to what we have in the north. The countryside is usually more primitive in infrastructure.

Check out www.jupitalia.com for Ted Simon's adventures around the world (twice!). And there are other good sites and books to help you.

It is a great world. May as well live it.

Tchau,

Reynaldo Osoterrenos

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wow. I am envious. I can't wait to be in a position in life to be able to ride over 6000 miles on my bike (on one trip!). Living in Europe makes it even better; there are so many great destinations along the way. Great website.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.