Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"experience the MotoCzysz lifestyle."

Oh, gawd.

What, exactly, is the "MotoCzysz lifestyle"? The thing hasn't even hit the track yet.

When does he start talking about "heritage"? After the flag drops?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
MotoCzysz does what Harley and Buell can't

Amazing a small outfit can do what HD can't...I love it and I will be in their corner....The dare to be bold. cool looking bike with innovative ideas ...The road to greatness is not for the meek...Excellent!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Didn't Ariel or somebody build a 'square four' that had two cranks? I seem to remember some kind of oddball Yamaha racer that had the same thing? Not sure what the patent would be for.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Actually, most have said the front suspension system is the most promising. I like the fresh approach he's taking, but it remains to be seen if this thing will work.

And why don't they say what kind of racebike this is? Last I heard, they were thinking WSB, not MotoGP.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Ah, okay. A quick trip to their site. Interestingly enough, they're planning to manufacture an aftermarket version of the front suspension for existing sport bikes.

And they say, indeed, that the prototype is for MotoGP. Guess they changed their minds again. I wonder if that engine concept is somehow more workable in 800cc.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Re: MotoCzysz does what Harley and Buell can't

I agree with you, amazing. But HD doesn't want to do this. They make money already. Counter rotating solutions aren't even in their minds with the traditional V-twin.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
The patent is for the design it self. A freind that was working for Kenny Deer said the bikes offset motor makes it fire like a twin. BIG engine pulses, I guess. It's quite clever. Those guys went out and hired a few F1 engineers to develop the motor. Should be ineresting to say the least.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts

Yeah. We all notice how innovative the Big4 have been lately too. Just warmed over offerings of previous years.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ariel square four

Ariel did make a "square four" of 1,000 cc. I owned a 1949 model. It had the best sound of any motorcycle I've ever heard, but had some basic design deficiencies (like the intake, for example) that limited ultimate horsepower.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
"America's first sportbike". Oh please. Ahahahahahaha. Not by a looooong shot.

I hope they pull it off but with all the MadAv hype it's going to be worse than slightly embarassing if the bike turns out to be a dog.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Re: Ariel square four

Somebody has one somewhere in the Torrance/PalosVerdes area of LA 'cause I've seen it on the road twice in the last 10 years.

And it does have a really great sound.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Re: Ariel square four

An Ariel square four owned/ridden by Sam Parriott won the very first "official" drag race, which was held at the Santa Ana (CA) blimp hangar base in 1949. He did somewhare around 118 to 121mph. It was built by AJ Lewis of Johnson Motors in Pasadena - the West Coast distributors of Ariel & Triumph. There were some beautiful cars there - mostly modified Model A roadsters with 180 degree cranks (sounded like an Offy), very chopped/sectioned and lowered with midget race car noses. I wonder what happened to them.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

"Amazing a small outfit can do what HD can't."

Build a racebike that hasn't won a race?

Harley's done that.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Actually, I was making a " greatly hyped new American sportbike that never hits the road" comparison. But yeah, there have been American sportbikes before, as anyone who's memory extends back farther than last week knows.

For the Memento-like types, though, American sportbike vaporware always trumps HD cruisers and Buell "yeah, but it's an air-cooled Twin!" sportbikes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Fantastic that a small builder can come up with his own design and actualy build it to a production level.The down side is that the yuppy hype and lifestyle speak should be held back untill after the race, along with the bragging rights.Lets keep our fingers crossed and hope it can now live up to the reputation that has already been built.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.