Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
409 Posts
Re: A XB9sx, a CBR 600, a ZZR 600 and a YZF 600.......

Maybe their passenger weight limit. Just kidding. What I don't understand is why you would let the cat out of the bag before publishing the article. You've just totally hamstrung the shock factor of the verdict.

I like apples to oranges comparos, but I don't see the point in testing 900+ displacement twin against yesterday's 600 racer reps. There are inherent torque advantages that the Buell would have for street use, etc., and given its geometry handles well, high bars, yada yada yada, but you really are comparing very different animals. Most people, I would venture, who are looking at the B group of 600s, are looking for something other than what the Buell has to offer. Maybe it's pose value, aesthetics, what have you. The buell should really be compared to other bikes of its ilk, like the 919.

On another note, I hope you explore some of the more minor details of the bikes, such as how well you can or can't go 2-up on each model, underseat storage, maintenance schedule and true cost of ownership. Take into account that most of us who would buy such bikes aren't of your skill level and never will be, but would like these bikes to be of an all purpose nature, commuting, weekend heroics, trips to the beach , etc., and consider which of these bikes gives the best compromise in terms of overall performance. I just cannot fathom the Buell outshining these other bikes outside of canyon strafing and city work.

· Registered
409 Posts
Re: Is it just me...

From the paddocks, Valentino Rossi's attention is caught by something from the stands...

An unnerving glint in the eye from a bespectacled, red-headed barbarian, with a cheezy goatee, who stares at Rossi with a maniacal grin on his face.

A cold shudder rips through Valentino's body....

The red-headed barbarian is mouthing words to Valentino...

Valentino squints to focus on what the man is trying to say...

zoom in to face of maniacal read-head...

we lip read what he is saying to Valentino...

"Get in my belly!"

· Registered
409 Posts
Re: A different view. Hayden and Edwards turned the corner and Rossi can be beat.

I think Rossi raced very cautiously. His unfamiliarity with the track, and the concerns he raised about the track's safety played into his race strategy. I'm not so sure that the corner has been turned or that Valentino will be consistently beatable. Actually I highly doubt it. Hopefully for Nicky and Colin, they have turned the corner, but I don't see them challenging Valentino for the MotoGP title anytime soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.